el kisses her temple and whispers, "i love you.."

"i love you too." ella smiles and hugs zoei who was now watching the basketball fly across the court curiously.

mike catches el's glance and grins before signing 'i love you' and adding a heart to it.

she blushes and does it back before he blows a kiss and focuses on his practice.

"dada.." zoei babbles and waves by opening and closing her hand.

"can i go get a drink?" ella murmurs as el nods, "of course but be careful." she takes zoei into her lap as ella nods and stands up, "don't worry, i will."

☁︎

"okay, off to bed, ella," el says as she opens the door, "it's late."

ella nods and turns around which allows el to bend down a bit for her to plant a kiss on her cheek.

ella moves to mike and does the same before kissing zoei's forehead who was in his arms.

"goodnight," ella whispers since zoei was basically falling asleep sitting up and el smiles, "i love you."

"love you too," ella blows a kiss as she walks upstairs.

"okay, get the bath ready. i'm doing quick speed bath on little zoei and off to bed," el grabs zoei from mike's arms, "or are you too tired as well?"

"no, it's fine," he smiles, "i'll do it, go relax and wait." he kisses her forehead and walks out.

"come on, sleepy baby," el turns zoei around till she was facing her chest to rest her head on el's shoulder, "don't sleep just yet, we gotta bath you."

"no.." zoei mumbles as el chuckles and sits down on a rocking chair, "why no?"

"daddy.."

"daddy is preparing the bath so if you want to see him then you have to get to the bath." el says as zoei shakes her head, "mommy."

"i'm right here...?" el holds back a laugh.

"i love you.." zoei moves her head back to face her, "big baby."

"hey! that's daddy's nickname." el exclaims as zoei laughs, "did dada teach you that?" el asks as she nods slowly.

"call him panda then." el smiles widely just as mike calls out to tell them the bath is ready.

"c'mon," el stands up as zoei sucks on her thumb happily.

"nu-uh, no sucking please." el pulls her thumb out, "i'll give your binky later." she walks to the bathroom which was on this floor and not upstairs since it was an extra baby room just in case.

"dada!" zoei perks up as mike holds his arms out, "hi baby! are you excited for your bath?" he murmurs against her cheek as el places some toys into the tub for her.

"nu-uh," she shakes her head then adds, "panda."

"hey!" he exclaims playfully making her giggle and cover her face whilst shaking her head, "mama say."

"zoei!" el laughs, "that was confidential between us." she grabs her child and sits her on her lap to start to undress her.