seventeen.

mike: sooooo you free today???

el stares at her phone with a large frown. she's been trying to avoid mike after she realised that she loved him.

it is a big no no.

she cannot love him, she cannot tell him and she can't hurt him like how she hurt when her mother died.

it was worse than a knife stabbing through her heart and out her back.

mike: stop ignoring me you little shit

el: don't call me a little shit, asshole.

mike: i knew that'd get u here so answer me!

she sighs out quietly and looks at storm, "what do you think, storm?"

storm whines.

"no, right? i think so too." el says and types her reply.

el: working on a bunch of stuff so sorry. see you at school later though :)

ew, a smiley face. all she wanted to do was send a bunch of hearts but that was too much.

sighing, she stands up from the bed and grabs her bag since class starts in twenty minutes but thankfully she was already dressed since she was up for a few hours already.

"storm, stay put. me or hop is gonna be home soon." el says as storm turns to lay on her back and holds her paws up in the air.

"good girl." el praises and kisses her head before putting her shoes on and running downstairs.

"marry be juliet, you'll never have to be alone. i love you and that's all i really know," she sings to herself as she skips to her car happily and gets in.

"i talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress. it's a love story, baby just just say yes." she sings and plugs her aux cord into her phone.

"he said; let's get out of this town!" el sings, "drive out of the city, away from the crowds."

"i thought heaven can't help me now. nothing lasts forever, but this is gonna take me—"

"incoming call from mike." the automated voice cuts her off making her groan, "answer." she grumbles as the line connects.

"you bloody shit, you're free." mike says.

"i was singing to taylor swift and you cut it off." she snaps as he snorts, "thank god then."

"but this is gonna take me down! he's so tall and handsome as hell!" she sings to provoke him more making him groan, "where are you? we're getting coffee together, i don't care."

"no, i have—"

"i'll wait for you at the parking lot, don't you dare park in a different spot because i know you'll crash or something." he says as she whines, "mike!"

"shut up and get here."

"stop being so aggressive! i'm your best friend not the people one the team you go against in a basketball game!" she exclaims and focuses on the rode which earns a laugh from him, "sorry, love. see you." he hangs up.

love.

does he know what that does to someone!? if she doesn't die from a sudden v-fib she'll die from a heart attack from nicknames like that!

she frowns and wildest dreams come back on again.

"turn that off, i don't want to sing anymore. turn on, drivers license please." she says as the song changes.