Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A/N: Hey guys! @patrickscupoftea here! Just wanted to let everyone know this chapter is told from Jane's perspective. Enjoy! :3

~*~

I slowly step out of the elevator and follow the brightly lit signs until I find myself in the psychiatric wing. The scent of dead skin and alcohol burn my nostrils just like they had many years ago, when I had vowed never to return to this place. But I had to, for Teresa. She needed help even though she would never ask for it.

I decided that in order to find the best doctor for Teresa, I must have an appointment for myself. So that's exactly what I did. I actually scheduled three appointments with different doctors as a method of 'elimination.'

"Mister Jane," a short, brunette woman calls and I stand up, slowly extending my hand.

"Hey." I smile sadly, "Thank you for seeing me."

"Not a problem at all." She smiles, ushering me towards her office, "My name is Dr. Cardon but you can call me Taryn if you like." I step inside her office and sit on a big red couch as she closes the door, walking over and sitting across from me on an equally red bean bag chair, "So Patrick, tell me a little bit about yourself, why you scheduled an appointment." She stops talking but waves her hand in the air as if conjuring up more options.

"I want to kill myself." I squeeze my eyes shut and clasp my hands together in my lap, inhaling deeply, "The woman I love was taken from me and returned in the form of another. I can't bear to see her as someone else."

"I, I'm sorry. I'm not sure I follow." She looks at me confused, a veil of emotion covering her lack of concern, "Can you explain?"

"My wife and daughter were killed by, ah, a serial killer." I blurt out, "Because of this I went to work with the CBI and met Teresa. Red John he, he took Lisbon and made her believe she was my dead wife. He dyed her hair, gave her our memories. I can't look at her without remembering what I lost with Angela and found with Teresa. But now I've lost Teresa and I have Angela and that's not what I want. I want the pain to stop."

"Have you hurt yourself at all Patrick?" She asks completely monotone, "Did you hurt her?"

"No. I didn't and I wouldn't." I sigh and run a hand through my hair, exhaling loudly, "I love her. I love Teresa and I will always love Angela but Teresa is my now. She is who I have in this life, and you even insinuating that I would harm her is a disgrace to your title!" I stand up quickly and walk towards the door, "We won't be in touch." I quietly click the door closed and rub my temples as I walk towards the next office.

Strike one.

~*~*~

I'm walking down the hallway quicker than I probably should be, turning and dodging to avoid everyone in my path. I quickly turn a corner when I collide with a man walking almost as quickly as myself.

"Sorry." I mumble, still flustered by the meeting with the doctor.

"It's no problem." He chuckles, brushing his black hair away from his eyes, "Hey have I seen you somewhere?"

"Probably not." I start to walk down the next corridor when he gets my attention.

"Patrick Jane. Your name's Patrick Jane."

"How- How do you know that?" I'm already on edge and this fool isn't helping.

"You work with the cop woman don't you? Teresa something. Didn't she go missing the other week?"

"As a matter of fact, she did." I reply harshly, stepping closer and eyeing him carefully, "Why?"

"I just recognized a familiar face. Send her my well wishes." He grins and I can still feel his eyes burning into my back as I walk away.