W: Oh my gosh. Brb dying again.

Jennie only grinned at the girl's response before putting her phone away and pulling out her assignments.

-----

That weekend, Jennie and Lisa decided to go shopping and as usual, Lisa was blabbering away about how she recently cursed and swore at some girl from a nail art salon because she "messed up her nails".

"Your nails look fine if that's what you're asking." Jennie grinned. She couldn't help but find her best friend's complaints absolutely funny at times.

"No they don't! You're not looking close enough. Ugh, forget it. Yah, I'm thirsty, let's find a place to rest these tired feet." Lisa grumbled as she reached down to massage her aching calf muscles. They had been shopping for close to five hours nonstop.

Thanks to the picky Lisa, the two wondered around for another fifteen minutes more or so before finally deciding to settle down at one of the more empty coffee places.

"I'll order." Jennie initiated.

"I'll just have a strawberry smoothie. Thanks." Lisa requested before turning her attention to the bags of stuff she had bought.

The order counter was empty so Jennie tapped the call bell a couple of times and waited patiently, taking some time to look through the menu on the countertop again.

"Hi Miss, what can I get you?"

Jennie looked up upon hearing the voice and to her surprise, there was Roseanne. The other girl looked equally taken aback.

They didn't run into each other in school again after the Latte-spilling incident and therefore the atmosphere was more uncomfortable than ever.

The urge to just walk away surfaced once again but Roseanne used every bit of will in her to stay and see the conversation through, like how she promised herself before.

"I had no idea you worked here..." Jennie started.

"Well... yeah... I work here on weekends..." Roseanne answered. She could feel her stomach twisting and turning.

"Ah... that's nice." Jennie nodded slowly. For once, she seemed to match Roseanne's level of uneasiness.

"So... umm... oh yeah, what can I get you?" Roseanne mentally cautioned herself to remember to breathe.

"Right... ordering... uh, two strawberry smoothies, please." Jennie replied.

"Alright. That'll be 9,000W..." Roseanne poked away at the cash register skilfully.

"Here you go." Jennie handed her the money and their fingers brushed against each other's once again.

Unbeknownst to each other, the brief contact made both their hearts flutter. Roseanne was amazed at how fast her heart was pounding in her chest. She thought she would have gotten used to it by now but it seemed otherwise. Despite the previous times they accidentally touched, that tiny connection still sparked something in her.

Apparently Jennie felt the same way. She had never experienced such a strong feeling of affection for somebody before. There was just something about Roseanne that attracted her.

"Have a seat, I'll send them right over." Roseanne finished before making her way towards the blenders.

-----

"I saw that." Lisa gave Jennie a cheeky look when the girl came back.

"Saw what?"

"You were flirting with that girl." Lisa laughed a little too loudly.

"Yah! Keep it down." Jennie's voice was reduced to an agitated whisper.

"Are you actually admitting it?" Lisa's expression grew serious at once.

"No. I wasn't doing whatever you thought I was. She's a freshman from our college and I was just saying hi." Jennie argued.

"Just saying hi... yeah, right. I saw the way she was staring at you. Like a love-struck puppy." Lisa chuckled.

"Lali, please."

"Whatever. She's not for you anyways. I wouldn't have my best friend go out with somebody like that. You have your standards. And without a doubt, she will never be able to live up to them, not even if she worked her sorry butt off for the next ten lifetimes. Perhaps even fifty." Lisa shuddered at the thought of having to date someone who couldn't meet her financial needs.

"Please, Lisa. You know she can hear you..." Jennie was still whispering.

And that was exactly what had happened. Roseanne did manage to catch everything Lisa said as she was preparing the drinks. Every single word.

She knew it. It was all true anyways. Her life was a big, bloody mess. She could barely support herself. She wouldn't have anything to offer in any relationship, not like she was ever going to be in one. She despised herself so much for even thinking about being friends with Jennie. It was clearly never going to happen.

She finished packing the smoothies and made her way towards the table where the two girls were seated. Every step forward seemed heavier than the previous one. The amount of inferiority she was feeling seemed to have increased tenfold.

"Your beverages." She set the two tall cups onto the table before quickly spinning around to leave. All she wanted to do was to find a hole somewhere, somehow, and to live there forever.

"Uh, waitress." Lisa snapped her fingers impatiently.

Roseanne halted and took a deep breath before calmly turning around to face the arrogant girl. "Yes?"

"There isn't enough whipped cream. What is this? Are you even qualified for this job?" Lisa was obviously pushing it.

"Lisa, stop it. It's fine, Roseanne. Don't mind her." Jennie hastily intervened.

"I'm sorry." As much as Roseanne hated that cocky look on Lisa's face, she needed her job. The last thing she wanted was for some stuck-up customer to complain about not being given enough whipped cream.

With that, she hurriedly grabbed the cup and left.

"Was that really necessary?" Jennie's brows creased in exasperation as she stared her friend down.

"Yah, Nini, why're you getting angry?" Lisa was a little surprised to see her friend so worked up.

"Lisa, she's human too. What you did was really inappropriate. You could've spoken to her nicely. Besides, you don't usually consume cream. Were you trying to make things difficult for her?" Jennie debated, feeling the anger build up with every word she said.

"Whoa there... chill, babe. I just felt like having whipped cream today, that's all. Is that a crime now? Oh my gosh." Lisa rolled her eyes to the back of her head, wondering why Jennie was so bothered over something so minute.

Roseanne soon returned with a fuller cup. "Here."

"Roseanne, I'm really sorry--" Jennie tried to apologize but Roseanne cut her off.

"Forget it. Really." The girl held up a hand, sick and tired of any and all explanations.

"Okay, what kind of attitude was that? Do you want me to sue her for you, Nini?" Lisa looked almost offended.

"You know what, you're unbelievable." Jennie really didn't feel like staying. She was afraid she'd say something bitter to her friend. All she could do was grab her bags and storm out through the door.

Roseanne, on the other hand, stopped short. Did Jennie really just storm out on her best friend because of her? A tiny voice in her mind prompted her to go after the girl but her feet just stood there, rooted firmly to the ground.