24

Wu Juan Shu heard someone reporting that the nunnery outside the city was on fire and had rushed there on horseback. To his dismay, when he arrived at the scene, he saw Wu Liu hugging Jiao Ying and his eyes landed on her slightly bulging belly. There was a frown on his face but he still reached out to her and said gently, "Jiao Ying, come here."

In a panic, Jiao Ying subconsciously took a step forward. Wu Liu on the other hand sneered and grabbed her back, "Where do you think you're going? You have my child in your belly, you're not allowed to go anywhere!"

Wu Liu was now forty but only had one daughter. It wasn't that he didn't want to leave himself an heir but the doctors who had diagnosed him had said that his manhood was a little lacking, making it very difficult for him to get a woman pregnant. He had long given up hope but who would've thought that Jiao Ying had managed to bear his child?

Jiao Ying was formally the wife of a horse breeder in the Wu Manor. He once bumped into her when she was delivering food to her husband. Seeing that the horse breeder was submissive and a lowly worker, Wu Liu brazenly coaxed his wife into bed.

Since then, Jiao Ying had continued to keep him company. One day, she came to him crying that her husband had found out and wanted to kill her. At that time, he was deep in passion and decided to have someone get rid of the husband. He had planned to make her his concubine after the heat had died. What he did not know was that some time ago, this harlot had hooked up with his nephew. Before he could bring her into the house, Wu Juan Shu had hidden her in the nunnery, costing him much effort just to find her.

But when he finally found her, Wu Liu was no longer in a hurry to bring Jiao Ying back. Instead, he continued their affair in the nunnery, occasionally staying for the night. When he found out that Jiao Ying was pregnant, he calculated the time and knew that the baby was his.

Anxious to have a son, Wu Liu's attitude turned crude. He pulled her back and passed her to a servant, "Take her away. Be careful with her stomach."

"Sixth Uncle!" After shouting, Wu Juan Shu realized that there were people watching and quickly lowered his voice, "Do you really want to make a scene right here? What if father finds out..."

At the mention of Marquis Wu, Wu Liu shrunk back. Nonetheless, thinking that Jiao Ying might give birth to a son for him, he straightened up and said with discontentment, "No matter what you say, she is already mine. If you like her so much, after she gives birth, I'll give her back to you!"

"You!" Wu Juan Shu was tongue-tied. His sixth uncle had always been unscrupulous but he had never dared to go overboard thanks to his father keeping him in check. He grit his teeth and said, "How can I rightfully marry her after she has given birth to your child?!"

Wu Liu scoffed, "Oh? I didn't know you're such a devoted lover. Still willing to marry this loose woman."

Wu Juan Shu turned red at his words but looking at Jiao Ying with her pitiful eyes, he suppressed the thorns in his heart and reached for her. Repressing his anger, he said, "Why don't we keep her at my place for now and discuss what to do later?"

"That's impossible!"

Wu Liu was not an idiot. He immediately pulled her back and the two began a round of tug-o-war with Jiao Ying caught in the middle. During the struggle, someone accidentally used too much force, causing Jiao Ying to trip and hit her stomach on the hard ground.

"My stomach!" She screamed in pain as her hands covered her belly.

Wu Liu hurriedly pulled her up only to find that the ground was stained with blood. His face turned pale, "My son..."

Wu Juan Shu also panicked, "Quick! Someone go get a doctor!"

The villagers were there to watch the excitement of two men competing for a widow at a nunnery but who would've thought that things would lead to this?