"Hey Jisoo. That a new top you got?" Roseanne's lips tugged into a smile at the sight of her best friend as she briskly settled down beside her.

"Yeah, it was quite a bargain and it had Princess Jasmine on it so..." Jisoo stuck her tongue out and shrugged.

"Jasmine! Of course."

"Anyways, what happened in the morning? You missed Psychology again." Jisoo inquired, spinning the ballpoint pen in her hand.

"I know. Things got rough last night. I got kicked out." Roseanne punctuated her sentence with a casual pout.

"What? Damn that Mrs. Kang! Seriously, that old hag has issues! Did you try to explain yourself?" Jisoo's eyes widened with rage as she pictured her buddy's plight.

"She wouldn't let me. Forget it, Chu. She did already give me plenty of chances in the past. It's my own fault."

"No! That is not okay! Where did you sleep last night?" Jisoo probed further, setting her pen down and turning to face Roseanne.

"I found a place so much better for a much lower price." Roseanne explained.

"That's awesome! I'm happy for you! I guess getting kicked out was really just a blessing in disguise, huh?"

"I haven't finished. I'll be moving out this evening."

"What? Why?"

"I had no idea the apartment was owned by some rich, spoiled girl. You know how I feel about people like that." Roseanne reasoned, still dreading the thought of needing to meet Miss Kim later that evening.

"Mhm... I'm so sorry, Rosie. If it weren't for my parents, I'd totally let you move in with me. You know that, right?" Jisoo reached out and took Roseanne's hands in hers. It pained her to see her friend like this and it made her feel even more wretched knowing that she could do nothing to help.

"Don't worry, Chu. I'll be fine. I'll find a way out of this mess, like how I always do." Roseanne faked a tight-lipped smile. She had already gotten accustomed to fabricating her happy disposition. She knew that if she were ever to have a breakdown, it might just last for days or even weeks. She didn't want that.

"Are you sure? Rosie, I'm worried for you. Just know that I'll be here for you if you ever need me, okay?"

Roseanne really loathed the feeling of having people worry for her. All the sorry and pitiful comments only serve to make her feel even more incapable.

"Thanks, Chu. I really appreciate it."

-----

The subway ride back to the apartment that evening wasn't exactly a comfortable one. Roseanne was especially shifty as gazillions of scenarios started to conjure up in her mind.

| Scenario 1: She thinks she's better than the entire world |

R: "Hello Jennie. It's really nice meeting you but I need to move out tonight."

J: "What did you just call me?"

R: "Jennie?"

R: "Who do you think you are? Nobody is to address me by my first name. Kowtow at once."

R: "I'm so sorry Miss Kim."

J: "That's better. Now, what were you asking?"

R: "I said I needed to move out tonight."

J: "And why's that?"

R: "There's no reason in particular... this place is really nice but--"

J: "Nobody moves out without my approval. And guess what? I'm not allowing you to move out because I'll need that extra two hundred thousand won for shopping this month."

R: "But I--"

R: "You can leave now. I need my beauty sleep. Shoo! Be gone."

| Scenario 2: She acts as though she doesn't understand the conversation |

R: "Hi Miss Kim... I have something I need to say."

J: "Hello there. How was your day?"

R: "It was good, thanks. How was yours?"

J: "Mine went fine. You wanted to say something?"

R: "Yeah, I need to move out tonight."

J: "What?"

R: "I've managed to find another place that's more convenient for me."

J: "Wait, what?"

R: "I've already packed my stuff and everything."

J: "You mean you haven't moved your stuff here?"

R: "No. My stuff is here. I'm preparing to move out."

J: "Huh?"

| Scenario 3: She wants to pick a fight |

R: "Miss Kim, I really need to move out tonight."

J: "What? Do you mean to say you have a problem with my perfect, pink apartment?"

R: "No! I never meant that. I just have some issues that need to be settled so I need to leave."

J: "What do you mean by that? Can't you settle them here? Do you think your privacy is being invaded? Stop trying to be rude because honestly, nobody gives a damn about you and your life."

R: "No, that wasn't my intention at all... will you stop jumping to conclusions and just allow me to go? It's not as if I needed your permission, you know. I could've just packed up and left. I just thought it would be polite to inform you, since you requested."

J: "You did not just speak to me like that. I won't allow myself to be put down by you like this. I have a black belt in Taekwondo in case you didn't know."

R: "You really don't wanna challenge me. Black belt or not, I'm pretty sure I can finish you off under a minute."

Roseanne snapped back to reality and tried to shake her head free of those invasive thoughts. Having a fight with her was the last thing she wanted.

Before she knew it, Roseanne was already back in the apartment and sitting in the living room, waiting to see Miss Kim.

"Just be nice and keep your cool..." She mentally reminded herself over and over.

"Alright Roseanne, Miss Kim will see you now." The servant gestured towards one of the doors.

"Here goes nothing." Roseanne exhaled deeply before knocking and entering.

The room was like a mini office with a desk facing the door and a girl with the fairest complexion, and long, straight black hair sat behind it, looking through some documents.

Roseanne got caught off guard and her mind went blank in an instant. She found herself temporarily robbed of speech because this girl was so beautiful. Almost too beautiful to be true.