Chapter 11: A Jonas European Adventure?

I'm not gonna lie. Ever since the break-up and phone call last week I have been avoiding Nick. My subconscious can't send me any more crazy messages if he isn't even on my conscious, right? It helped that I haven't been able to babysit Alena, since he is always over there playing with her or hanging out with Kevin.

After eight days of no texting and avoiding phone calls, Dani called me.

"Hey, we need a sitter for Alena tomorrow. Just a couple hours." She said.

"Sure!" I said, excited to see Alena but dreading the thought of running into Nick.

It wasn't that I didn't want to see Nick. Have you seen Nick Jonas lately?

Everyone wants to see him.

I just had no idea what was going on in my brain, let alone my heart. I didn't want to see him and be put in a situation where I would make a rash decision without trying to figure everything out.

"Thank you so much. Can you be here at one?" Dani asked.

"Absolutely. See you then." I said and hung up the phone.

The next day I went for a run when I woke up and showered before changing into comfortable clothes and heading over to Danielle and Kevin's.

"Hey!" I called, letting myself in the house.

"We're in here!" Dani called from the kitchen.

"Hey." I said, seeing her feeding Alena.

"Hey! I just have to go to the magazine about the article I'm writing and Kevin is out with Joe. It shouldn't be too long." She said.

"What time is your meeting?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

"Two." She said. I knew for a fact it took her less than a half hour to get to the magazine office.

"What are you up to?" I asked suspiciously.

"Can't a girl spend time with her close friend?" Danielle said innocently.

"And find out why said close friend is ignoring my brother-in-law." She grinned sheepishly.

"I knew it!" I cried.

"Well come on. You just dropped contact out of nowhere?" Danielle accused.

Nick must not have told her about the break up. Why didn't he tell her?

"I've just been busy." I lied, avoiding eye contact.

"I'd call bull but Kevin and I are trying not to swear in front of Alena." Dani said, giving me a look.

"In other news," Or in not so other news, "Kyle and I broke up."

"Really?" Dani put down her spoon and focused on me.

"Really." I nodded, playing with a placemat in front of me.

"Wow." She said.

"Yeah." I nodded again.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I guess." I shrugged.

"You guys were together forever. What happened?" She asked.

"He cheated on me." I said, biting my lip.

"Wow." She repeated.

"I'm not gonna lie, I knew in my heart it had been happening. I'm not as torn up as I'd thought I'd be." I said.

"Why not?" She asked, a knowing look in her eyes.

"I guess I just saw it coming. There were some things that we never agreed on, important things. And we were totally fine not seeing eachother for a couple weeks. It's not supposed to be that way, you're supposed to want to be with each other like all the time." I said.