X

I walked into the Kara's room. The air was thick with sadness. I walked over and sat down beside her.

"Hey you.", I said. You could hear the tears in my voice.

"Hey.", she replied weakly. "I want you to know-"

"Don't.", I cut her off, not wanting to hear the rest of her sentence.

"No. You need to hear this. I want you to know that you are the most amazing friend a girl could ask for. You are beautiful and smart and funny. I wouldn't trade my life with you, for one more day to live."

"No. Your gonna live.", I sobbed. "We're gonna grow old together and your gonna get married and your gonna be my maid of honor. You are going to have beautiful children and your gonna be a godmother and your gonna stay with me."

"Charlotte."

I lied my head in her hand and sobbed. She can't leave me. She's my one and only friend.

"Charlotte. Your gonna grow old. Your going to get married. Your going to have beautiful children. Aron is going to take great care of you for me." I hadn't notice Aron standing in the door way until Kara nodded her head toward him.

"Kara I-"

"Thank you, Charlotte. For a wonderful life. I thank the stars for you. Yes, the ones you gave me. I will never forget you." Tears now streaked her perfect face. The. She closed her eyes.

"Kara?", I asked. I think I was hyperventilating. I shook her.

"Kara?!", i shook her again. Nothing.

I laid my head by her and held onto her hand. Her shirt was soaked with my tears. Aron came up behind me and rubbed my back. I turned around and buried myself in his chest.

The only sounds in the room was the sounds of my sobbed and the low, flat beep of the heart monitor.

_*_*_*_*

A/N: epilogue?