12

AUTHOR'S NOTE: was lowkey gonna give up on this book but something happened over the weekend and all of a sudden it got mad readers. So hi y'all. Enjoy!

It's been a few days since the last time I've talked to everyone's favorite rapper. It doesn't help that my two best friends are dating his friends. Seeing them in our house noticing the glances they give each other when I walk into the room. Urban tried to tell me to give Jack a chance, but all that did was leave me in tears and him getting cussed about by his usually calm girlfriend. Neither of the men has mentioned Jack to me since then. 

I find myself thinking about him regardless. Missing the flirty conversations we would have. I miss the way he would look at me when I would laugh at my own stupid jokes that no one else found funny. I miss him but I know that I can't be with him. He seems to be doing fine since our "breakup." I don't think I can even call it that since we were never even together. I need to get my mind off of the man. 

"Gen let's go out tonight," Meg says as she walks into my room unannounced. It's as if she was reading my mind. Cass follows after her, holding a bunch of clothes. "You can't just sit in here, in the dark writing sad songs about him all day." She throws my curtains open and I block m eyes with a pillow.

"It's called coping" I inform her, my voice muffled by the pillow. She snatches it from my face and puts her hand on her hip.

"No Hun. It's called depression. I'll be damned if I let my homegirl sit in her room and cry about some shit she did to herself. Now let Cass style you so we can go."

vivi

vivi.grants: stepping out 🌚

liked by zionkuwonu and 320,751 others 

megdelaluna: that's more like it 

cash.cass: styled by meeee

user1: comment section feels empty w/o jack

user2: marry me plzzz 🤩

user3: shes so bad 

megdelaluna: lemme drive the boat

liked by druski and 102,832 others

druski: damn 🤩

user1: so fine for what 

vivi.grants: about steal drus girl 😖

       druski: stop playing

       megdelaluna: wifeyyyyy 😩

cash.cass: bruh I'm foaming at the mouth 🤤

cash.cass: 🍄

liked by urbanwyatt and 92,294 others 

urbanwyatt: bruh why you holding your phone like that

       cash.cass: sorry I didn't have my photographer w me 🙄

user1: shes so gorgeous dawg 

user2: mommy? sorry? mommy? 🤱🏾

author: yall the way she holding her phone so funny to me

user3: step on me. now. 

I hate the club. I hate how sweaty I get. I hate how humid it gets. I hate how musky it smells. As much as I hate it, I somehow still love it. I love the loud music thumping in my chest. I love the people dancing. I love how just for a few hours nothing in my life matters but dancing with my girls in a room full of strangers.

I dance on Meg and Cass with my hands in the air. Meg throws it back on me to the music until a familiar song begins to play. The smile on my face immediately drops as Cass and Meg look at me with a defeated look in their eyes. I guess it was naive of us to think we could go to a club without hearing the music of one of the biggest rappers out right now. 

"Ladies and gentlemen we got a special guest in the house tonight" the DJ yells into the mic. "Make some noise for Jack Harlow." The man points towards the VIP section as the club begins to holler and cheer. My eyes land on Jack in his section with his boys and some random women I'd never seen before. He waves as What's Poppin continues to play. 

I turn back to my friends and a frown falls on my face. "Why would you bring me here?" I yell above the music. 

"I swear to god we didn't know he was going to be here," Cass tells me, the look in her eyes telling me she's being genuine. "All Urban told me was that they were going to be having a boys' night tonight."

"We can leave if you want" Meg yells. I shake my head and look at the two of them. 

"I'm not going to let my feelings and the past ruin my night." 

As the night continues I dance with the girls and take shots with them. At some point, they both go to check on their boyfriends in the VIP leaving me to dance by myself in the crowd. 

I feel a pair of hands on my waist. I look back to see an attractive man I'd never met before. Maybe it's the liquor but I don't care enough to tell him to piss off. I dance with him, feeling his hands on my body, distracting me from why I've been so sad recently. We dance until my friends come back. Meg pulls me away from him and sends me a confused look. 

"What the hell are you doing?" 

"Enjoying my night!" I yell back at them happily. "That guy was cute I should have gotten his number."

"You're drunk. We're taking you home" Cass yells over the music. The two girls drag me out of the club and call an Uber. As we wait I sit on the curb with the words to a new song swirling about my head.