Chapter 48: NEWTS

Start from the beginning

"I thought so. Now get up, we need to be in the great hall in 15 minutes to get our exam timetables" Lee said slight panicked.

"Right. I forgot" I said. Lee's face turned shocked at the fact that I said I forgot.

"HOW COULD YOU FORGET!" He screamed causing me to giggle whilst I grabbed my robes and started to change.

"I mean that I lost track of the day after Fred finally replied to me"

"Ahh. I see because you were swoon over him" Lee smirked.

"Have you got a boyfriend or girlfriend that you adore?" I asked smugly. Pulling my robe over my jumper and trying my shoelace.

"Umm no"

"Exactly, so shut up." I said. "Now come on. We have to get our timetables" I said.

"Merlin I hate you y/n"

"Love you too Lee"

Me and Lee walked down to the great hall in a full conversation of questioning each other about charms and potions. We walked into the large hall to see groups of stressed 7th years with their heads in books and passing around notes and flashcards whilst eating egg and bacon by the forkful. Me and Lee sat down and spooned some scrambled eggs and bacon onto my plate.

"Good morning 7th years!" Dumbledore's voice boomed through the hall. "Heads of house will now pass out your exam timetables, good luck all!"

At that moment McGonagall walked up the long table with a handful of papers. She occasionally stopped at students to pass the parchment. Soon enough she stopped at me and Lee with a warm smile on her face.

"Good morning to my favourite students" she whispered to us. "Don't tell anyone"

"Morning Minnie. We won't tell." I replied with a smile. Lee's face also had a smile on it.

"Well here are you timetables." She said, handing us parchment with times of our exams on it. "Good luck you'll both do amazing!"

"Thank you Professor!" Lee said. McGonagall smiled before walking to other 7th years to pass them the students. I turned to Lee, we both had smug smiles on your faces.

"Favourite students huh" I smirked.

"I guess so, I totally see why" Lee added causing me to giggle. We glanced down at our exam timetable. Every morning is theory, and the afternoon was the practical exam. We had charms today, potions on Tuesday, transfiguration on Wednesday, herbology on Thursday and DADA on Friday. Luckily for me, all my exams are in the first of the two weeks, less time for me to stress. Same could be said for Lee, who has to take the same subjects I had to for him to be a healer.

"Are you ready for Charms?" I asked Lee.

"As ready as I could ever be!" He said. At that moment we were ushered out of the great hall for teachers and examiners to set it up for the exams. Me and Lee sat on the steps doing last minute revision, clunking and banging of single person tables could be heard.

"Lee I'm stressed and nervous" I said with my leg bouncing up and down. Lee put a comforting hand on my thigh and my shoulder to calm me down.

"Y/n I promise it will be okay. Your amazing at charms and you'll smash it" he said to me. A small smile appeared on my face.

"Thank you Lee, I think I just need Fred. I miss him" I whispered, laying my head on his shoulder.

"I know you do, and just think that you'll see him a month. It will be all the more amazing." He whispered back.