1st Round [Fight The Power]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

"Everyone must choose one of two pains: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret."

—Jim Rohn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyakkaou Private Academy is an educational institution where students from powerful families in the political and financial world attend. It's a nurturing ground for those who are born to have people bellow them, slaving away to meet the end's meet. Hyakkaou students need not exceptional athletic or educational ability, but a good judge of character. To be able to perceive the mindset of the person sitting in front of them by their behaviour, body language and tone. To impose this totality of talent over dedication, the new student council president came into her position with a brand new game-changing proposition: Kengan Matches. Her speech at the end of the first month after her "election" was... eye-catching to say the least.

"Most of you came here with the intention to one day have people work for you, so what better way than to truly show your persuasive skills than this? Kengan Matches, think of them as your typical one against one battle but with a catch... you cannot participate. The standing principle of this school is to guide the future CEOs to greatness... so, recruit your fighters and bet on their winnings and losses. Any other games are hereby on hold. The rules for Kengan Matches will be posted tomorrow. Until then, have a good day."

Suffice to say, most students panicked. They couldn't gamble their riches in poker, blackjack or even rock-paper-scissors anymore! Instead, they had to rely on someone else, an outsider, to help them make the end's meet so that they don't end up becoming a house pet. Most were concerned at the time, unsure how they would even get a person to fight for them. Where were they supposed to look? Who are they supposed to look for? Finding a capable fighter to win loads of money was something most if not all of them have never done before, it was an unprecedented task. So, with abated breath, the students waited until the next day came. The rules, just like promised, were proudly presented for everyone to inspect.

-------------------------------------------

 [ Kengan Matches ]

Rule #1: Matches can only take place in the newly constructed ring located in the former gym building.

Rule #2: Minimum wage for each match is 500 000 yen.

Rule #3: All Kengan Matches are a strict battle between two opponents without outside interference.