5th Round [Get Wild]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

"How you train is how it will come out."

—David James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last week has been a little bumpy for our resident martial artist, Benimaru Hanma. The fights have been the least of his worries, what was on his mind still from his unexpected date with Yumeko was the finale of that day. The kiss they shared... it felt... odd to him. Categorising it as love didn't feel right, and it certainly wasn't pure lust either. It felt like a strange mixture of the two, and despite Benimaru having never been in love, he could definitely tell that his beautiful friend managed to make his heart go "DOKI DOKI". 

Strangely enough, though, nothing else had happened between the two of them. Yumeko wasn't acting any different than she normally did, and Benimaru being utterly useless in a romance just went along with it, thinking that the kiss they shared was something else other than a declaration of her feelings for him. Welp, it was back to training for him! But, the training was not the same. Where he once felt like he was struggling against an impassable barrier, now Benimaru's body felt like it was actually making some progress! Nothing too outrageous and the peculiar feeling returned quite quickly, but something definitely changed! Those were fantastic news for our resident martial artist, but they only left him with far too many questions and weird feelings to be acted upon now. 

So where was he now? Training? Sleeping? Having lewd thoughts? No, no, Benimaru is not the kind of man that would let an exotic woman distract him from his main goal. He had a mission to fulfil, his pride and probably world peace depended on him beating the living daylights out of his father. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another break, another opportunity for Yumeko and Benimaru to go ham in the local Kengan Matches that the student council president oh so graciously thought of. Who even was that? Everyone always spoke of her like she was a Goddess given mortal form, but Benimaru's never actually seen her. How peculiar. Maybe she was one of those shut-in office types of girls? Whatever. It didn't make a single difference anyway. Today was just another day, another set of the familiar events that will inevitably lead him to fight another poor sob that was in over his head. 

As per usual, nothing was out of the ordinary between Yumeko and Benimaru, which continued to slightly nag at him that maybe he did something wrong during their date. He wore the best thing the store clerk could find... according to that very store clerk. And Yumeko seemed to have been having fun, so the fact she wasn't acting any different after they had a fucking kiss peeved him. Alas, whatever. Fight now, deal with bitch later.