"we would name him thunder. storm and thunder." he says with a wide smile.

she gasps inaudibly, "that's so cute!" she turns to him, "and we can get a white one! or a grey! or a ginger!"

"oh my god, that's adorable." he throws his head back with a groan, "so fucking cute!" he hugs storm tightly, "imagine storm playing with a tiny cat!"

"adorable!" she exclaims happily as storm turns on her back to hold her paws in the air.

el rubs her stomach making storm purr happily and try to lick mike's fingers.

"god, you're so loved and spoilt, stormy." el shakes her head as ella walks back in with a guilty look.

"did you eat all the nuggets?" el asks as she nods slowly.

"that's okay, finish your homework now." el orders softly as ella sits down on the carpet floor with a small thud.

☁︎

"stop sleeping on my leg, big body idiot." el grumbles and squirms away as mike whines, removing himself off of her before hugging her from behind tightly.

"baby," she sighs out, "go away."

"no." he grumbles and pulls her closer to turn around to make her face him.

"stop squishing me then." she murmurs tiredly as he sets his head on hers, "sorry.."

she hums, "i'm cold, give me the covers."

"the covers are on you, big baby." he says and kisses her forehead.

"you are the big baby," she grabs the covers, wrapping herself in it before rolling away.

"el! for christ sake!" he groans as she giggles quietly and feels him climb back into the covers and hug her, "i'm cold too."

she laughs, turning back to him to tangle her hands in his hair, "i'm sorry," she whispers, "we can both have the covers."

"it's alright, i'll go get an extra one if you're really cold." he says as she shakes her head and nuzzles into him, "you're warm enough for me."

he laughs, "okay," he kisses her hair and hugs her waist, "hmm, sorry for waking you."

"it's okay. the dream was bad so i get to reset now." she whispers as he rubs her back, "what was it about?"

"nothing. you just weren't in it and i was alone." she giggles, "this one better have us."

he snorts, "yeah, it better. now sleep, you'll be tired in the morning."

she hums, "mhm, night night."

"goodnight, baby." he whispers as she slowly drifts off to sleep.

☁︎

"hi thunder.." el whispers and stares at their new cat, "welcome home, baby."

"i cannot believe you guys got a cat." hopper grumbles and walks past the living room as mike chuckles and pet storm who was hissing at the new cat.