Chapter 6

Blaine', P.O.V.

"Daddy?" VIolet asked shocked.

"Wait Daddy?" I asked her.

"Violet? Honey what are you doing here?" a man asked her. I looked at who was talking. The man had the same features as Violet, though Violet's were softened to give her a flawless look. I looked over at her. She looked terrified, her eyes widened. I sighed. After yesterday night I had found something diferent about Violet.

She wasn't shy anymore. She would stand up for herself, take charge. As well as shame less.  She wouldn't back down to me anymore. Mathew was right, she was different but good different. Her smile was even brighter than before. I mean she was beautiful before but now...gorgeous. Stunning, almost flawless. But it wasn't like I was going to tell her that. She would reject me faster than my grandfather and mexican food. Don't ask. Let's just say, it doesn't agree with his digestive system.

Anyways back to the situation at hand....

"I am here to help Blaine", she said flatly.

"You are?" He stood up and walked over to me. Me being 6 foot was quite tall but Violet's dad was at least a good 4 inches taller then me. I gulped. How was a short girl (yes 5 6 ft is short to me) have a dad 6 4ish? I don't know but even the second time around, he is still scary.

"Blaine. You are helping Blaine James? The same Blaine James that-"

"Yes dad. The same Blaine James that you know...dumped me and left me at the side of the road in the rain", she mumbled the last part. I exhaled deeply and tried to avoid her dad's eyes. I remember a few years ago when Violet was explaining that her dad's eyes could burn holes into you if he hated you enough. And being the guy that left his daughter at the side of the road in the rain......I think he probably hates me enough.

"May I ask you something Violet dear?" he said sweetly, "Why are you helping him?"

She pulled the broch out of her pocket and whispered something into her dad's ear that I couldn't hear. He nodded slowly and looked back at me, with narrowed eyes. His face tensed up, biting his lip at me in dissapproval. Suddenly his face broke out into a smile.

"Don't look so scared boy. I am on your side. Mr. Everheart, your lawyer for this case", he said putting his hand out. I took it and shook it.

"Nice you meet you again sir", I said with a straight face, still quite intimidated by my lawyer/ ex-girlfriend's father. I looked over at Violet confused at what just happened but she just shrugged and turned to look out the window like she did last night.

"Alright so both of you sit down and we can get started", he said clapping his hands together and gesturing to two chairs. Little did I realize that he took a seat into one of the chairs, leaving only one empty chair left. I walked around Violet and pulled the chair back. I looked back up to look at her and smiled.

I gestured to the chair and winked subtly at Violet, who's cheeks decided to flame up at this time. She walked up to me holding the chair as I leaned into her ear.

"For you m'lady", I said curtously.

"Sure, and it's not because my dad scared the shit out of you", she hissed back.

"Nope not at all. I just like to stand", I said back. She gave me a tight smile and sat down. Suddenly Ria bursts into the room and jumps on Violet's lap.

"Hi Uncle Kalen" she squealed.

"Why Ria? How big you are now?" he beamed.

"I am almost four" she said back holding up four fingers. I smiled at her. So cute.