15.Hide & Seek

~
Dedicated to -  5ifthproject for the amazing #WattpadBlockParty edits and also for being a part of it! Congratulations! :)

Song of the Chapter - Innocence by Avril Lavigne.

Keith Hamilton is played by Chace Crawford in Magic Dust Cafe.

~

Sapphire Brooks

"That's all that happened," Diana blushes and chews on the mouthwatering lasagna she made for lunch.

"Did you see him?" I ask, looking down blankly at my own plate that is half-filled with lasagna and move my fork around, playing with its contents. Diana stops mid-bite and frowns before putting down her fork and stares at me impassively.

"No, I didn't, it was only Aunt Sarah at the cafe. And you had promised me something, Sapphire. I hope you remember what," Diana says and I sigh. She won't let this go, not even for all the blueberry pancakes in the world.

"I'll go today if that makes you shut your mouth," I finish the remnants of my lasagna, most likely hog on the whole plate like a hungry dog and pick it up to dump it in the kitchen sink. I wash it quickly and lean back on the kitchen counter stretching my neck from side to side to relax my aching shoulder muscles. My phone vibrates in my back pocket and I take it out, there is a message from Damon.

Demon : [It's not a typo, Damon saved his name as 'Demon' because he thinks it is badass]: I have a small get together at my place tonight.Some old friends crashing. Would you like to join us? Bring Diana along.

It will be fun, promise. :)

This is exactly what I need right now. A distraction. I quickly text him back agreeing on his offer and his reply is instant.

Damon: Cool, See u at 7?  :)

Me: Yeah :)

"Who are you texting?" Diana walks in startling me and I almost drop my phone, almost.

"Damon, he has invited us over for a small get together and asked to bring you along. I said yes. You don't have any plans with Matt, do you?"

"No, he's got practice tomorrow so he is taking the day off," Diana smiles shyly and a soft blush creeps over her cheeks. How many times does this girl blush? No, that's a wrong question. How many times does this girl not blush? That's easier to answer.

Shaking my head and smiling at this new Diana, I go inside my bedroom to take my signature Sunday afternoon nap.

*****

Diana rings the doorbell and the door swings open to reveal a very tipsy Rhea. Rhea is another mutual friend from college; she is closer to Damon than me though. Her hair is dyed a flaming red, it reminds me of the girl from the animated movie Brave and right now the way she is shaking her head to the blaring music makes it look like her heads on fire.