Chapter 6

• • •

"I don't understand. Is she trying to keep it light and flirtatious with me? Are you guys hanging out behind my back?"

Eunwoo has been babbling for ten minutes. All of his rambling makes you want to rip your hair out. He's like a teenage girl.

"No, we really don't talk as much," You replied for what seemed like the 50th time.

He found out about the contact name Mina saved onto your phone by accident. Eunwoo caught you smiling at your phone, so he hovered over your shoulder curiously, to see a picture of Mina posing with the Tamagotchi at the mall.

"Am I in the friend zone? I bet it was your fault. Your letters that are getting me nowhere," He let out a groan and furiously took a sip of his milkshake.

You didn't let his words get to you. For one thing, your writing is far better compared to anything he could ever make. Another thing is that without you, he probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere near to interacting with Mina.

He should be glad you're even helping him, for fucks sake.

"Listen. I'm doing my best. Can you stop criticizing every move I make? It's preferable than what you would've done from the start. You can't expect her to like you so easily, she still has a boyfriend," You said, instead of yelling at him and breaking his hand.

"I'm sorry, she's just confusing sometimes," Eunwoo sighed.

You slurped your milkshake, and he did as well. it was kind of awkward but you'd much rather listen this instead of his ranting. Even the texting sounds next to you sounded better.

Texting sounds...

Texting sounds?!

The sound of a message being sent then startled you. You whipped your head to the boy next to you, phone in his hands, and instantly snatched it from him.

 You whipped your head to the boy next to you, phone in his hands, and instantly snatched it from him

Myoui Mina

🍔🍟🥤🍟 tonite? I have a truck! 😊

Upon reading this, you were about go feral. It took everything in you to not smash Eunwoo's phone on the ground, especially with him begging you not to.

"Wait, is your contact picture for Mina her yearbook photo from last year?" You giggled a bit, even though you were still angry with him.

"It's the only one I have of her!"

Mina, on the other hand, stares blankly at her phone. She was flanked by a group of girls cheering on their boyfriends who were arm wrestling.