forty-eight

djxiao_888

djxiao_888

❤️   💬Liked by wwiinn_7 and 348 othersdjxiao_888 whats up !View all 54 comments

❤️ 💬
Liked by wwiinn_7 and 348 others
djxiao_888 whats up !
View all 54 comments

❤️   💬Liked by wwiinn_7 and 348 othersdjxiao_888 whats up !View all 54 comments

xiaojunhi good morning how are you doing did you sleep did you eat

xiaojun
hi good morning how
are you doing did you
sleep did you eat

isla
i was fine until just
a minute ago lol

isla
i'm in the car about
to go in for an interview
and it just hit me that
he and i broke up and
i started sobbing

xiaojun
BABE 😕

xiaojun
go home

xiaojun
actually no come over
i'll feed you and you
can nap in my bed

xiaojun
the interview can wait

isla
no it will seem so
unprofessional if i
just cancel it right
before i have to go in

xiaojun
dude

xiaojun
there's always other
places to apply to

isla
its okay i'll just do
it and get it over with

xiaojun
you sure???

isla
yes

isla
ttyl

↢ ❦ ↣

isla turned her phone off and pulled down the car mirror to wipe away the tears that were spilling from her face. she was so frustrated because she thought she was okay after the break up, just to come to terms with the fact that she was only just now processing it.

in all honesty, she'd come close to an anxiety attack while she sat in her moms car, something she hasn't experienced in years.

she breathed in and out to calm herself down and once she finally found the courage, she stepped inside the restaurant.

she glanced around with her written application in hand, standing tall, trying to look at put together as possible.

"hi! may i help you?" a woman asked once she noticed isla step inside.

"hi, um, i put in an application a couple days ago and they got back to me saying to come in for an interview today."

the woman smiled and nodded, "of course, i'll be right with you." she said before walking away.

isla let out a huff once she walked away, tapping her foot and chewing on the inside of her mouth nervously. she opened her phone quickly to check for notifications just to see a picture of her and sunwoo right on her lockscreen that she forgot to change.

"fuck..." she whispered to herself as she blinked back tears that were threatening to fall again. the girl hesitated for a moment before deciding to run into the restroom to collect herself.

luckily, the place was empty, so she wasn't worried about people seeing her in this state. "get it together." she told herself as she ran hands through her hair in the mirror.

"okay, you dumb bitch, stop touching your hair." isla further scolded herself. "do not fucking cry. don't you dare."

she tucked strands of her behind her ear once more before collecting herself and leaving the restroom.

as she pushed open the door, she felt something blocking it midway, and then the sound of a man cursing to himself. isla peered behind the door to see she'd accidentally knocked into a boy carrying a pint of water.

"oh shit," she said, seeing his shirt completely soaked, "i'm so sorry!"

"nah, its cool, i... um... are you crying?" as the boy looked up at her to reassure her of the accident, he noticed tears spilling out of her eyes.

"seriously, its okay, its just water."

"no, its not that. i just—i'm not having a great day and that was just my tipping point and now i'm crying again. i have an interview here and i'm not even mentally prepared for it." the girl sobbed into the palms of her hands, feeling embarrassed while the boy she'd unknowingly just vented to stood there staring at her in both shock and confusion.

"well," he sighed, "what if i like, give you my number and you can come back another time? we're really short on staff, honestly they'll hire anyone at this point."

"i leave for the whole month of august, so, probably not me. but i wanted to try anyways."

"don't even worry about it. i can almost guarantee they'll hire you anyways."

isla let out a huge sigh of relief as she pulled out her phone, opening the contacts app and handing it to him.

"names doyoung," he said while he typed, "i can let you know by tomorrow morning, maybe even tonight if you got the job. just go home and don't stress it, alright?"

"i literally cannot even express how much i love you right now."

"i'm flattered."

↢ ❦ ↣

the number was 3! congrats vaidehi_3 <3 check ur dms :)