twenty-six

"the party has arrived," hendery shouted through out lucas's apartment, with xiaojun trailing behind

"thank god. isla and i were third wheeling." iseul huffed, standing up and making her way into the kitchen, zara chuckling at her.

spotting the other girl on the couch, hendery plopped down next to isla and slung his arm over her comfortably, squeezing her tightly.

"ow. ow. can't. breathe." she dramatically muttered as she was stuck in his arm, but didn't attempt to remove herself.

he eventually did anyways, "aw. i missed my little punching bag."

"punching bag?!" zara questioned from next to them as she looked in their direction, wide-eyed.

"he beats me up," isla pouted, fake sniffling.

hendery gasped, lightly hitting her upside the head, earning another gasp from isla. "see! abuse!"

seconds later, sicheng came strutting through his friends door with. "eww, a happy couple." was the first the he said the second he noticed the four of them on the couch.

iseul came back with a glass of soda, taking the other side of the couch with xiaojun seeing as there was now no more room on the side she was initially on.

"did we all seriously come here to watch tv and third wheel?" sicheng asked, sitting down next to iseul.

"no literally, like why are you here," lucas chimed in with a tone of annoyance.

"oh shit, he wants to get it on with zara." hendery pointed, isla bursting out laughing next to him, along with the other three while zara sat there with her mouth gaped open in surprise.

lucas brought his middle finger up to hendery, his cheeks flushed with a shade of pink. "oh fuck you. just watch the movie."

for a while, hendery subconsciously kept his arm over islas shoulder as they all watched the tv screen together.

"whats for dinner?" iseul called out suddenly.

"do i look like your mom?" lucas argued.

"we should cook something," xiaojun suggested, "instead of ordering in."

"be my guest, just don't catch anything on fire."

"okay, who wants to go to the store with me?"

"me!" isla replied excitedly, slipping out from henderys gasp and getting up.

"keys," xiaojun gestured to hendery, to which he pulled put his car keys from his pocket and tossed them to the shorter boy.

not seeing anyone else offering to go to the store with them, xiaojun and isla headed out together.

despite previously having a crush on the boy, the ride wasn't awkward, thankfully. even though she was crushing on someone new, she feared him finding out she did have a crush on him would make their friendship awkward.