(Chapter 8: "I like...")

I woke up to the sound of rain, and thought "Do I really need to get out of bed today? M and B are taking... Somewhat good care of the farm, and it's raining, so we don't even really have to do anything." Then I remembered that Mom had asked Robin to build a coop, after B begged her if we could get chickens. Luckily, it's not finished yet, so I didn't really have to worry about feeding chickens today.

Eventually, I sat up, after noticing that my back was starting to hurt. "Ouch. That's what you get for trying to sleep in." I said to myself, before thinking of something to do. "Well... I could try fishing again." I said, getting out of bed, grabbing my fishing rod, and getting ready to head outside. As soon as I opened the door, I started rethinking my decision. "Oh boy... I'm gonna get drenched, aren't I?" I thought, before saying "Screw it. I might be able to catch some good fish." before walking into town, and in the direction of the beach.

When I got there, I sat at the edge of the dock, and started fishing. While sitting there, waiting for a fish to show up, I eventually started humming a song that somehow ended up getting stuck in my head, and surprisingly, I even ended up quietly singing to myself. No one else was there to hear me, so I figured it was safe... That is, until I heard something that made me jump. I quickly turned around after hearing the sound of the dock creaking, only to see a seagull, just sitting there, enjoying the rain. "Heh. You scared me there, little fella." I said, before getting back to fishing.

As I sat there, waiting, watching, hoping to catch LITERALLY ANYTHING at this point, and getting absolutely soaked, I thought about heading home, but I didn't want to just sit here for so long, only to get nothing out of it. "How could things get any worse? I swear, If my life ever got made into a book, or a fanfic, or something... It'd suck." I thought.

"Fine... I guess I'm not catching anything today." I thought, getting ready to stand up.

But just as I started reeling in my fishing rod, I noticed that I couldn't feel the rain anymore. "Huh? Did it stop?" I thought, looking out over the ocean, only to see that it was still raining. "What?" I whispered, before looking up, and seeing a red and white umbrella above my head.

"What in the name of Yoba-" I thought, before looking behind me, only to almost fall off the dock after seeing who was there.

A lanky little emo boy that I know all too well.

After I caught myself from almost falling, I noticed that he flinched a little, as if I was gonna hit him. After thinking for a bit, I understood why, and carefully put down my fishing rod, and gave him an awkward smile. After calming down a bit, he spoke. "Heh. You aren't gonna hook me this time?" He asked jokingly, to which I shook my head, and playfully poked him with the end of my fishing rod. "Was that a stupid decision? probably. Will I regret it later? Most likely. Did it stop me from doing it? Unfortunately, no." I thought before Sebastian sat down next to me. "Well, crud. Now I have to stay, because leaving now would make things even more awkward." I thought, awkwardly flicking my fishing line back into the water. "So... Did you catch anything yet?" Seb asked, trying his hardest to start a normal conversation. "Two socially inept people sit at the end of a dock. What now?" I thought, trying to keep a smile off my face because of my stupid little joke, before shaking my head at his question.

After that, the two of us just sat there in silence. Surprisingly, it wasn't 'awkward' silence this time. Just... Normal silence. It was nice, not having to feel awkward about something for at least a little while. Until, Sebastian broke that silence. "Y'know... Being around people makes me anxious." He said. "Wow. I never would've guessed." I thought, sarcastically, before he continued. "I don't feel that way around you though." At that point, I almost dropped my fishing rod. I decided to blame it on the rain making my hands slippery.