Speeches

Thank you everybody for the support!
I really appreciate it!

Sorry I haven't done a chapter for a while, I got sick and quite a lot of stuff is going on at the moment......
I'm better though, even though now I have a sleeping problem......uh

Ps: This part is in the perspective of sprout

Enjoy my suffering:)

I could feel my face becoming extremely red, I knew everyone was focused on hitch, their former sheriff, but I still covered my face out of embarrassment..... I had read out the script so unprofessionally......

I carried on reading the speech my mum wrote, keeping a close eye on his reactions.

" My mu- *ahem* mother has prepared the necessary weapons......." I trailed off, noticing that hitch looked a bit off.....

She promised that it would make him proud though?
—————————————————*
(Flashback)

"This is what you want me to say??" I said disbelievingly.

I didn't agree with any of the nonsense my mother had quickly scribbled down. It just sounded like a bunch of weird conspiracy theories, but that was what she made a living off, so I stayed silent about what I thought about it. She wouldn't listen to me anyway.

"Yes honey, you need to be the perfect sheriff."

She probably noticed my skepticism and tried convincing me.

"Don't worry, the town's people will listen to you, don't you want hitch to be proud?"

"Hitch will be proud??"

I don't know why that made me happy, but I was way to overworked to think about it, and if it did, I don't think I would mind spouting nonsense if he liked it.

Even if I was a little bit surprised that he believed stuff like that, but for some reason I didn't really mind.

" You need to read this out for hitch to like you, he will be happy of how organized you are!"

"Really??"

" Yes,honey, I promise....." she smirked.
————————————————————
He definitely was not proud of me, not even a bit, he looked more disappointed, but it didn't seem like it was aimed at me for some reason?

I realized he was looking at my mother like she was trash,**but at that point I'd had enough and I decided to go and talk to hitch himself, I hadn't seen him in ages.

Something in the back of my mind was saying it missed him, and even though it was embarrassing to admit, it was right, I had missed him.***

It didn't feel like I did when he was gone, but now that he was here I realized how much I missed him. Why? I didn't know yet, but I didn't really care, because he was here now.****

"SPROUT!! GET BACK HERE!!" My mum screeched.

I crashed into the arms of the real sheriff.

I'm really not good at ending chapters......I wasn't sure what to write, but once I started it started to make more sense (even though it still doesn't really) I'm not sure if I like this part or not lol

*wow fancy
**damn, harsh
***tsundere much
****this sounds so weird and sappy lol