The Sontaran Strategem pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"I will look into my enemy's eyes!"

  The Sontaran removed his helmet. "Oh, my God." Jenkins said flabbergasted. "And your name?" the Doctor asked. "General Staal, of the Tenth Sontaran Fleet. Staal the Undefeated." I giggled. "Oh, that's not a very good nickname. What if you do get defeated? Staal the Not Quite So Undefeated Anymore But Never Mind?" the Doctor joked. "He's like a potato. A baked potato. A talking baked potato." Jenkins said still shocked. I turned to him, "Ross, that's a bit rude. I mean, we look like pink weasels to him." The Doctor picked up a squash racket and ball. "The Sontarans are the finest soldiers in the galaxy, dedicated to a life of warfare. A clone race, grown in batches of millions with only one weakness." the Doctor stated.

"Sontarans have no weakness." Staal said.

"No, it's a good weakness." the Doctor assured.

"Aren't you meant to be clever? Only an idiot would provoke him." Rattigan asked. The Doctor turned around to Rattigan.

"No, but the Sontarans are fed by a probic vent in the back of their neck. That's their weak spot. Which means, they always have to face their enemies in battle. Isn't that brilliant? They can never turn their backs." the Doctor turned back to face Staal.

"We stare into the face of death." Staal said.

"Yeah? Well, stare at this." The Doctor smashed the ball into the back of the teleport, where it rebounded and hit Staal right on the probic vent. "Run!" the Doctor yelled. We quickly ran out of the room and back to the jeep speeding off as fast as possible.

  "Greyhound Forty to Trap One. Repeat, can you hear me? Over." the Doctor asked into the walkie-talkie. "Why's it not working?" I asked. "It must be the Sontarans. If they can trace that, they can isolate the ATMOS." the Doctor replied. "Turn left." the AMOS ordered. "Wait, try going right." I said. "It said left." Jenkins stated. "Yeah. So go right." I replied. He tried to go right, but it didn't work. "I've got no control. It's driving itself. It won't stop." he said panicked.  The Doctor tried to sonic the ATMOS, which failed. "The doors are locked." I said trying to unlock the door. "Ah, it's deadlocked." the Doctor turned to me. "I can't stop it." the Doctor said. "Let me." Jenkins said taking out the ATMOS. "Turn left." the ATMOS directed. "The sat-nav's just a box, wired through the whole car." the Doctor said.

  "We're headed for the river." Jenkins looked up. "ATMOS, are you programmed to contradict my orders?" the Doctor asked. "Confirmed." the ATMOS responded. "Anything I say, you'll ignore it?" the Doctor questioned. The river grew close. "Confirmed." the AMOS responded. "Then drive into the river. I order you to drive into the river. Do it. Drive into the river." the car stopped at the edge of the river, we quickly got out. "Turn right. Left." the ATMOS glitched. The Doctor ran over to me and laid me on the ground. "Get down!" he yelled as he covered me. "Left, right, left, right, left, left, right, left, right" I heard the ATMOS glitch. The sat-nav exploded, but only a tiny bang- a few sparks and a bit of smoke. The Doctor sat up. "Oh, was that it?" He looked disappointed.

  We just arrived at Donnas home. "You would not believe the day I'm having." the Doctor sighed. He inspected the family car and saw the ATMOS fastened below the engine bay. "I'll requisition us a vehicle." Jenkins said. "Anything without ATMOS. And don't point your gun at people." the Doctor pointed his index finger at Jenkins as he left. I turned around and saw Wilf come out. "Is it him? Is it him? Is it the Doctor?" Donna came out behind Wilf. "Ah, it's you!" Wilf exclaimed. The Doctor turned around, "Who? Oh, it's you." he smiled.

  "What, have you met before?" Donna asked shocked. "Yeah, Christmas Eve. He disappeared right in front of me." Wilf said, his gaze stayed on the Doctor. "And you never said?" she said hurt. "Well, you never said. Wilf, sir. Wilfred Mott. You must be one of them aliens." Wilf waved his hand in a batting motion. "Yeah, but don't shout it out. Nice to meet you properly, Wilf." The Doctor went to shake his hand. "Oh, an alien hand." Wilf commented. I giggled. "And you are?" he asked me. "Juno. Pleasure meeting you." I shook his hand. The Doctor glanced over to me, then to Donna. "Donna, anything?" the Doctor asked. She had tried to call Martha on her Mobile. "She's not answering. What is it, Sontorans?" Donna questioned. "Sontarans." he corrected. "But there's got to be more to it. They can't be just remote controlling cars. That's not enough. Is anyone answering?" The phone picked up. "Hold on."

"Martha! Hold on, he's here." Donna said giving the phone to the Doctor. "Martha, tell Colonel Mace it's the Sontarans. They're in the file. Code Red, Sontarans. But if they're inside the factory tell them not to start shooting. UNIT will get massacred. I'll get back as soon as I can." he said.

  The Doctor had pulled the bonnet of the car up. "But you tried sonicing it before. You didn't find anything. " Donna commented. "Yeah, but now that he knows it's Sontaran, he know what he's looking for." I replied. "The thing is, Doctor, that Donna is my only grandchild. You got to promise me you're going to take care of her." Wilf said. "She takes care of us." the Doctor looked up at Wilf. "Oh yeah, that's my Donna. Yeah, she was always bossing us round when she was tiny. The Little General we used to call her." Wilf said in the proud grandpa tone. "Yeah, don't start." Donna shrugged.

  "And some of the boys she used to turn up with. Different one every week. Here, who was that one with the nail varnish?" Wilf asked Donna. "Matthew Richards. He lives in Kilburn now. With a man." I heard her say, I was more focused on the ATMOS device, which spikes suddenly stuck out of. "Whoa. It's a temporal pocket. I knew there was something else in there. It's hidden just a second out of sync with real time." the Doctor informed. "But what's it hiding?" Donna's mum had just come out of the home. "I don't know, men and their cars. Sometimes I think if I was a car." she saw the Doctor. "Oh, it's you. Doctor what was it?" she asked the Doctor. "Yeah, that's me." he said waving not looking up from the car. "What, have you met him as well?" Wilf asked. "Dad, it's the man from the wedding. When you were laid up with Spanish flu. I'm warning you, last time that man turned up it was a disaster." she warned. The spikes stared to give off gas. The Doctor pushed me back. "Get back!" he yelled before stepping back himself.

   He sonic'd the ATMOS device. "That'll stop it."
The device sparked up. "I told you. He's blown up the car! Who is he, anyway? What sort of doctor blows up cars?" Donna's mum asked. "Oh, not now, Mum." Donna rolled her eyes. "Oh, should I make an appointment?" Sylvia left. "That wasn't just exhaust fumes, Some sort of gas. Artificial gas." the Doctor said tasting the air. "And it's aliens, is it? Aliens?" Wilf asked. "But if it's poisonous, then they've got poisonous gas in every car on Earth." we looked around to see the ATMOS sticker on every car around us.

  Wilf got into the car. "It's not safe. I'm going to get it off the street." The car locked him inside and started the engine. Thick gas came from the exhaust pipe. "Hold on! Turn it off. Granddad, get out of there!" Donna ran to the door and tried to open the door. I stepped back, starting to cough. "I can't! It's locked! It's them aliens again!" he yelled. "What's he doing? What's he done?" Sylvia asked worried. "They've activated it!" the Doctor yelled. The artificial gas poured from the exhaust pipes of hundreds of the parked cars around us.

  "There's gas inside the car! He's going to choke! Doctor!" Donna yelled "It won't open!" he tried the sonic. "It's the whole world." I realized. "Help me." Wilf said coughing. The Doctor pulled all the connections he could find in the engine, but the gas continued to fill the car. "Get me out of here!" Wilf said banging on the window. "Doctor!"