Part 4

"We've got to find a way out of this." Hort moaned, the group still cuffed to a piece of rope.

"Wow, why didn't I think of that? Oh wait, I did." Chaddick replied sarcastically. "Whatever that song you two just sung was do you care to explain it?" He said, looking at Nicola and Agatha, who were gazing at each other in understanding.

All of a sudden, two pirates broke Sophie and Agatha off the rope, roughly pushing them forward towards the road which led to the castle.

"Hey?!" Hort yelled. "Where are you taking them?!"

Sophie's face was filled with terror, but Agatha's suggested everything was going to plan.

________________________

The pirates continued leading the rest of them past the castle road, past the castle itself until they seemed to be on the edge of Jaunt Jolie.

A place Chaddick knew well: The Four Point.
And in the middle of the Four Point, Gallows. Everyone was there: all the quest teams, Kiko, Ravan, Giselle, Vex, Mona.

Chaddick swallowed as he saw them all, precariously teetering on trap doors. But one thing that scared him more was that there was an empty row, right at the front. With enough spaces for them all.

The pirates stopped their prisoners at the top of the hill, as if taunting them by showing them their fate.

Suddenly, Chaddick felt a small kick in the back of the leg and turned around to see Hort, who sighed in annoyance.

"Look, as much as I hate you and I think anyone who worships Tedros is an idiot, you need to find him."

"And how do you suppose I do that?" Chaddick replied, but he knew there had to be a way.

"Go past the Four Point, should be easy with these crowds, then straight through Foxwood and you'll be at Camelot in no time. No doubt Tedros will be cowering away there." Hort explained, looking rather pleased with himself.

"Well that's great if I can actually get out of these chains." Chaddick said, both of them speaking softly as to avoid suspicion.

Hort didn't respond, and Chaddick thought he'd given up on this ludicrous plan, before he span back round in a flash. "Hester! Your demon."

"It'll be spotted and you'll probably be killed." She said in a bored manner, as if she had excepted her fate.

"Well, we are going to be killed anyway." Hort said, and Hester sighed, as her demon came to life from her neck, slashing through the chains that bound Chaddick's hands to the rope, before it returned rapidly to her flesh.

Chaddick stared down at his bruised wrists in amazement that he was free, before Hort hissed, "Go! Before they see you."

And Chaddick obeyed, dashing down the hill towards the crowd, praying he got there in time to disguise himself as a fellow citizen. He heard shouts that were probably directed his way, but he kept running, past the gallows and towards the woods on one side of the Four Point: the direction of Camelot.

He felt the grass underfoot change as he entered the darkness of the forest, the trees creating a sheltered haven and perfect place to hide. But Chaddick kept running, straight towards somewhere he knew would be safe for now.

When he eventually stopped to take a breath, his gaze was pulled to movement beyond the trees, the sound of bustling people reaching his ears, which meant only one thing: he'd made it, at least, some of the way.