Part 2

The lake churned and ripple, its waters turning crystal clear to a murky blue, and a voice spoke out across the lake.

"Only you, no one else may enter." It said, and Chaddick knew it was the Lady, who else could it be? But the voice didn't match to the beautiful face that had emerged from the waters the day before.

But as the waters swirled again, none of the questers on the shore were able to get to get into the waters past neck height, all trying earnestly, not knowing whom the Lady had meant by her ominous message.

Sophie ran down to the water's edge to see what was going on, and the minute she touched the surface, her feet didn't sink into the depths like the others' had. Instead, she glided across the water gracefully, shock plastered across her face.

And into the horizon she went. Towards the Lady of the Lake.

__________________________

Chaddick watched all this with awe from the shore, and as Sophie disappeared into the horizon, he wondered whom she would meet. His blood still boiled at the thought of the Lady, Good's supposed 'great defender'. Well he was good, wasn't he? Why hadn't she helped him? Instead of leaving him to bleed out on the shore. The thought of this made him wince as he looked down at his wounded body.

As soon as the others were finished finding out what they needed from the Lady, Chaddick would ride back to Camelot to tell his King everything: the Snake, the attacks, the Lady of the Lake and how she betrayed him.

About five minutes after Sophie had glided across the water, a figure began to came into view on the horizon, and in floated Sophie.

Her graceful entrance juxtaposed her facial expressions: fear and confusion was etched in her skin, and Chaddick couldn't see, but she imagined she was shaking, and not from the coolness of the crystal water - from something else.

______________________

After the events in Avalon, no one could sit still. As the Igraine travelled towards Jaunt Jolie, Chaddick lay alone in his cabin, but he could hear the footsteps on the deck above, pacing backwards and forwards.

After the second day on the boat, Chaddick grew tired of the plain wooden walls and tiny porthole window, and decided the venture to the boat's deck, but was blinded by the sun as soon as he emerged.

The Questers were gathered round an old map, discussing the Lady and what happened at Avalon.

"Arthur's blood?" The girl Chaddick had never seen before said; she looked slightly younger than them, but cleverer, if you could even look clever. But somehow this girl could. "But how could he have Arthur's blood?!" She continued.

"Excuse me," Sophie snapped. "Me and Aggie are having a private conversation."

"Your voice is so screechy there's nothing private about it." The girl snapped back.

"So that's what the Lady told Sophie." Chaddick said, and all the heads turned in his direction as he walked over. "Well it's not true. There's no way he could have Arthur's blood; only Tedros does."