Chapter 48 - The Big Day

Start from the beginning

Calm down, calm down, you can do it.

My heart was finally at peace when I saw Luciano standing tall at the other end with Chad by his side, waiting for me from afar. The very presence of him is such a reassurance to me. He looked even more charming in his smartly pressed groom's suit and his hair combed back neatly, revealing his devilishly handsome face.

I can't believe I'm so lucky to get married to such a wonderful man, it felt almost like I was living a fairy tale. Flashback of how we met raced through my mind with each step I took towards him. It all started with that breath-taking pivotal moment of us colliding into each other at the turnstile...

"Hi," I said to him nervously with a smile as I stood in front of him.

"You're so beautiful, my love," He said with mesmerization in his eyes.

"You too..." I replied shyly.

After the solemnizer cued us to recite our vows, Luciano took my hands and we locked our gaze into each other's eyes as he recited his vows sincerely to me, "I, Luciano take you, Clara, to be my wife. I promise to always be your biggest fan. I promise to create and support a family with you, in a household filled with laughter, patience, understanding, and love. I vow not just to grow old together, but to grow together. I will love you faithfully through the difficult and the easy. What may come, I will always be there, each one believing that love never dies. For as long as I live, what I possess in this world, I give to you. I will keep you and hold you, comfort and tend you, protect you and shelter you, for all the days of my life. As I have given you my hand to hold, so I give you my life to keep."

My heart throbbed at each word of his vow. His eyes, so hypnotising... His smile so beguiling... His love so convincing...

I stood firm of my love for him as I recited my vow to him too, "I, Clara, take you to be the husband of my days, the companion and the friend of my life. We shall bear together whatever trouble and sorrow life may lay upon us, and we shall share together whatever good and joyful things life may bring us. With these words and all the words of my heart, I marry you and bind my life to yours."

I could already hear the sounds of the snorts coming from those who got moved and awed by our vows. My mother at the front row was undeniably one of them.

Then our solemnizer proceeded to say, "You may now put on the wedding ring for each other."

Luciano turned around to Chad for the wedding ring but Chad wasn't paying attention to us at all, he had his attention gravitated towards Dorris who was standing behind me the whole time. Luciano had to give him an elbow shrug to wake him up from his intoxication with Dorris. I couldn't help but giggle at Chad and Dorris.

Chad's POV

Oh god... She looked just like an angel in her bridesmaid dress flowing with her curves as she walked, and that floral wristlet over her wrist made her looked even more angelic. Am I dreaming...?

Suddenly, I received an elbow shrug which struck me out of my daze.

"Where's the ring?" Luciano asked impatiently.

"Oh oh! Sorry! It's here!" I whispered back frantically as I took out the ring for Luciano.

I could see Dorris giggling at my embarrassing act together with Clara.

Damn it... Why do I always have to look stupid in front of her?!

Clara's POV

I was astonished by the sheer beauty of the wedding ring that Luciano got for me. I was heartened, knowing that he always wants the best for me.