Chapter 48 - The Big Day

*One week later at Rendezvous Villa*

Clara's POV

Thanks to the help of Sophia, the wedding planner did a great job planning this wedding. The choice of the wedding venue was absolutely awesome as the Rendezvous Villa owned by Carlos sets against the breath-taking backdrop of a beautiful lake. This is also the backdrop of our vow ceremony, a garden wedding concept. The beautiful romanic intricate design of Rendezvous Villa itself already powered up the glamorous factor of this wedding, a truly deserving setting of a wedding for the status of Carlos. Everything felt just right without being ostentatious in the presentation.

I seamed my hands down the fabric of my beautiful Vera Wang bridal gown worn over me as I looked into the mirror, overwhelmed with joy and anxiety of what is to come...

"Oh my god, Dorris, I'm feeling so nervous... What if I fall while walking down the aisle? Do you think I look good? Will I embarrass Luciano?" My voice trembled with jitters all over me.

"Come on, you need to relax! It's your big day, you look absolutely stunning, trust me, everything is going to be fine," Dorris said as she took my cold hands and rubbed it warm.

Dorris looked at me in the eyes and I could see tears glistening in her eyes as she smiled at me and said, "I'm so happy for you, your prince charming is finally here to take you away."

Then a knock came on the door, the door was pushed with resounding voices came bolting through in a concerted manner, "Surprise!!!"

I was exhilarated upon the sight of three familiar figures as they hopped into the room with a jovial vibe. They were no other than my best buddies - Fiona, Daniel and William! I stood up with the splatter of my long white gown swishing over the floor to receive them. They started raining kisses and hugs on me as they congratulated me.

"Gosh, Clara! We heard all about it from Dorris. It was just months ago since we last met, and now you're getting married to literally prince charming! We can't congratulate you enough, especially after learning about your pregnancy too!" Daniel exclaimed.

My lips curled into a smile of bliss at them, "Yes, I couldn't believe it either, Thank you so much for your blessings!"

I could see the gleam of happiness they had for me in their eyes and joyous laughter as they showered me with their best wishes and wedding gifts.

Sophia walked in with a bright smile, still looking stunning as ever at her age, "I don't mean to interrupt, but is the bride ready?"

"Yes, mamma," I replied with a smile and a tinge of nervousness.

"Oh sweetheart, you look absolutely beautiful," Sophia said as she dawned the bridal veil on me.

So here it goes... The big day that I have always been looking forward to since young... Walking down the aisle to my prince charming... The love of my life.

"Don't worry, everything is going to be fine," Dorris reassured me once again before I start walking down the aisle.

As the music began playing, I started to walk in with Dorris as my maid of honour trailing behind me and with David by my side. This was the least that he could do as my stepfather and I was thankful for it. The spectacular view of our wedding ceremony bestowed upon me as I made a turn through the sweet-smelling and beautifully decorated roses arch. This was a wedding way more beautiful than I ever dared to dream of. I was still having butterflies in my stomach at this moment, there was an avalanche of anxiety with each step and each breath I took under the watchful eyes of the guests. They were mostly wealthy major clients and business partners or relatives of Carlos.