Nick and I got in our cars and said we'd met up around 6 to get the beach house ready for the party. It was only 1 o'clock and Allie had cheer practice until 3 so I had some free time to think through my proposal speech for tonight. Driving away from campus I headed home thinking about everything that needed to be done tonight. When I pulled up in front of our house I gazed at it. Even though the house was more like a mansion it felt like home. Most people when seeing our house they probably thought we weren't a real family and had a lot of problems but in reality we were normal. Sure my father owned his own million dollar company and my mother was one of the most sought after lawyer in New York, but we got along great and were raised fairly normal.

We had a nanny when we were younger but she only watched after us a few times out of the week when neither of my parents could be home. We've had a few maids but ever since high school my mother said it was mine and my sisters responsibility to clean our rooms, bathrooms, and on our days the kitchen and living room. We had a few extra bedrooms for guests but mom made us clean them about once every 2 weeks. Since my mother liked to cook and I didn't mind to either we never really had a cook. The only time we had someone that cooked when our maids or nanny when our parents were gone.

You would think that with my parents being who they are my sister and I would be on our own a lot and we wouldn't be close to them but it was the exact opposite. They made sure to be home from Friday-Monday with us and since they were gone sometimes for a few weeks at a time whenever we saw them we took the opportunity to spend as much time as we could. I loved my family with everything inside of me and I was thankful for everything I had in my childhood and teen years.

Unlike a lot of rich spoiled kids my sister and I were raised to always be nice, friendly, and if we wanted something we had to work for it. We went to a rich high school where none of the kids had ever had a job in there life, mommy and daddy paid for everything. During my junior year I got a job at a local car shop fixing cars during my afternoons when I wasn't playing a sport. Same with my sister when she was a junior she got a job at a animal shelter. We were the odd kids out sometimes but if we never worked for what we wanted then we wouldn't be where we are now. I am thankful for the way my parents raised me.

I walked inside and called out to see if anyone was home. When I heard a faint 'in here' from down the hall I walked towards my fathers study. When I got to the door I pushed the already halfway opened door and walked inside. My father was leaning over his desk looking over some kind of documents and writing something on it. Everyone always said I had my fathers drive and personality, and I got my looks from my mother. Seeing my father doing his work I tried to picture myself doing what he was doing because in just a few years time I would at the company with him.

"Hey dad." I said taking a seat across from his desk.

"Ashton, how was class?" My father, John, asked setting down his pen and looking at me.

"Fine as usual." I replied shrugging.

"Are you excited for tonight?"

"Yes definitely." I grinned. I nervous as hell but my excitement pushed it down.

"Just don't break anything in the house, don't let things get to wild, and no one in mine and your mothers room." He warned but he smiled. To everyone else he was a hard business man but to me he will always be my funny old man. I knew if I ever needed anything I could come to him.

"I wont dad I promise."

"Good. Have you figured out what your going to say to Allie yet when you propose?" When I had told my parents of my plan they were beyond shocked but after telling them this is what I wanted than they were behind me the whole way. They loved Allie almost like their second daughter.