I hesitated but slowly turned around, making sure to keep my eyes away from her. I heard her chuckle as she looked at the color.

"Yeah it looks good. Good job baby."

After Billie was done showering she threw on an old baggy shirt and some shorts, bringing a chair into the bathroom. I got the rest of the things we would need and set them on the counter along with the coloring.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I mumbled as I put a towel around Billie's neck.

I sectioned her hair into four parts leaving one out and clipping the rest back. Also putting on some gloves for protection. I took a deep breath before I started.

Billie seemed rather calm which I found crazy. I was internally freaking out right now. But regardless I followed the instructions on the dye box, starting at her roots and working my way down.

"Oh my god this is actually happening." I mumbled. "I can't believe I'm doing this."

~

About 5 hours later we were finally done. The process took a little longer cause I basically had to dye Billie's hair twice to completely cover the teal.

Right now she was in the bathroom doing the final touches on her hair while I was in her room, anxiously waiting for her to come out.

"Oh my god!" She suddenly shouted. I immediately rushed to the bathroom door.

"What? Does it look bad? Did I fuck it up?"

"No! Oh my god, Elle are you kidding?! This looks amazing. Damn I look hot."

Relief washed over me as I sighed.

"Close your eyes. I'm coming out." Billie said.

I covered my eyes and a moment later I heard the door open. I heard her footsteps walk behind me and then felt her tap my shoulder.

I opened my eyes and turned around, my jaw immediately dropped. She looked amazing. Different but really good.

"Wow." Was all I could manage to get out.

"I know right. What do you think? You think it suits me?"

"Yeah it does, really well. You look great Bil."

"Thanks to you. Thank you for doing this for me baby, I really appreciate it. Now let's go show my parents."

She took my hand and brought us into the kitchen where her parents were making dinner. She stood right outside the door frame holding my hand.

"Hey mom, dad come here I have something to show you."

"What is it Billie?" Her dad asked.

"Just come out here so I can show you."

She stepped back and excitedly waited for her parents reaction. Her smile was so infectious I found myself smiling as well.

"You dyed your hair again?" Her mom said/asked

"Yeah, well technically Elle did it."
She motioned to me and I smiled sheepishly.

"It looks good kiddo." Her dad said, coming up and ruffling her hair.

"Yeah it really suits you. I like it sweetie."

I watched the interaction between the three with a slight pang of jealousy, wishing I had the same relationship with my parents. Or even my mother.

I didn't even realize I was zoning out until Billie shook my arm.

"Elle? You alright love?"

"Yeah. I was just thinking." I gave her a small smile which I'm sure she could see right through.

After she talked with her parents a bit more she brought me back to her room for a second.

"Hey, I saw you spacing out and I know when you do that you start thinking. What's on your mind baby?"

"I was just thinking about my family. I kind of envy your relationship with your parents." I laughed awkwardly as I stood in front of her.

"That's okay. I get why. I'm sorry you didn't have what I did growing up. I know it must've been hard. But guess what?"

I raised in eyebrow in question, watching as she took off her sliver rabbit skull ring. She took my left hand and placed it on my middle finger.

"No matter what happens, you will always have a home here, and you'll always have me. I can promise you that." She caressed my face, tucking one of my hairs behind my ear.

I chuckled a little bit.
"Is this your way of proposing?"

"Nah. I'll have a much better ring, don't you worry."

I smiled and leaned up to kiss her.
"Thank you, Bil. That...this really means a lot."

"Of course. Just remember I mean it. Even if something were to happen between us you'll always be welcome here. Always."

Always.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed <3