01| mother and child reunion

"Other way around, Romeo

"Other way around, Romeo."

-----------------

   "READ IT AGAIN MANNY." Emma said as the three of us sat at Emma's computer reading the email from Jordan again.

  "Again? I've read it six times. Have Iz do it." Manny says sighing. "I had to read it the three times before you." I exclaim through a laugh. "One more time. Please?" Emma asks giving me puppy dog eyes. I sigh before agreeing. "Emma, you saved my heart and my project. If we protect the wild life refuge, I owe it all to you. Love you, Jordan." I say, stretching out his name at the end making Manny chuckle.

  "Love you, love you." Emma says in a dreamy sort of way before the three of us squeal. "Let me see his picture again." Emma says, scrolling down. "He get's cuter each time I see his face. Is that possible?" Emma asks making me chuckle.  "Hey, Manny don't wreck that. I want Caitlin to autograph it." Emma says, taking the magazine out of Manny's hand.

  As we continue to look at the email from Jordan, we here Emma's mom call for her. "Just a minute." Emma says, trying to close out of the page. "We don't have a minute, J.T's waiting for us." Miss Nelson says before coming up stairs. "Em, your rooms a disaster. I thought you were gonna clean it up."

"I will." Emma reply's, taking her hands off the computer. "And turn off the computer." Miss Nelson says making Emma pull up her reunion page. "I was just showing Manny and Iz your reunion website."

"I always knew she'd make it big." Miss Nelson says, pulling up a picture of Caitlin. She pulls up another picture of her with crazy hair making us all laugh. "How's that for a hairdo? Could I have been any cooler?"

"Uh-yeah." Emma says making Manny and I chuckle. "My 10-year reunion. Wow. It's gonna be great to see everyone again." Miss Nelson says before snapping out of it. "I'm getting as bad as you guys. Come on, let's go."

  Manny and I get up, following her out of the room. "It's some pretty cool stuff you've collected for the reunion." Manny says as we make our way downstairs. "Thanks. Emma now!" Miss Nelson says as Manny and I walk out the front door to her car.

~

   "THANKS FOR DROPPING THESE OFF." Miss Nelson says, handing us some boxes. "No problem, Miss Nelson." I say as I grab the box. It almost falls out of my hand making J.T catch it. "Thanks, J.T." I say with a smile, balancing myself and the box. "Anything for you sweets." He says in a dreamy manor making me chuckle.

  J.T has been my best friend for as long as I can remember and with that being said, he's also had a crush on me for as long as I can remember. It started when we were in kindergarten when my cookie my grandma packed fell on the floor. J.T also had cookies that day so, he gave one to me. I gave him a kiss on the cheek or a hug, I can't even remember, but ever since then, he's had a crush on me.