Chapter 18

The air felt strangely still as Wilbur approached the meeting place. He sensed an electricity in it. He glanced towards the mountains looking for that someone. There, on the high ridge, was Technoblade, watching. A large speck of black sat on his shoulder. So his dad had sent a witness. Good, it was time both of them understood what he was capable of.

He'd brought a few men with him, villagers in cheap armor that would do nothing to protect them, but he had to put on a bit of a show. And they'd make a nice shield if the Eggpire tried to attack as he anticipated. Antfrost, the large siamese cat, and Hannah, her rose vine snowy white, stood before him, waiting. Wilbur halted the men and approached.

"Good afternoon, my good man- er cat, my lady." He made something of a bow. "I'm glad you were able to meet with me on such short notice.

"Where is Bad?" Antfrost demanded, his red eyes cold.

Wilbur put on a surprised expression. "And why do you think I would know that?"

"The last time anyone saw him was when he went to visit you."

"Ok... ok, fair point. I might know where he is." A smile tugged at Wilbur's lips.

"Let me speak to him," Antfrost said.

"I'm afraid that will be quite impossible."

"And why is that? I know he's not dead."

"Well, he said some... some rather stupid things yesterday that I had to put a stop to, and I'm just not sure how long it takes for a demon's tongue to grow back."

"You cut out his tongue?!" Hannah looked horrified.

"Well, yes. Among other things. Really, I've never enjoyed Bad's company as much as I have these past few days."

"You're a psychopath," Hannah breathed.

"I mean, yes. I thought we'd already established that." Wilbur grinned. This was so much fun! He felt the crackle of electricity in the air.

"Well, we're not going to let you play your sick games in the Eggpire. Men, attack!" Antfrost shouted. Instantly, dozens of corrupted villagers poured out from seemingly nowhere in an ambush, slaughtering Wilbur's men. Two of them grabbed Wilbur by the arms and put blades to his throat as he made no attempt to resist.

As Antfrost approached, they pushed him to his knees in front of the cat. "You really thought you could defeat the Eggpire with such a tiny army? Did you think if you sent a message telling us where and when you were coming, we'd just lie down and surrender? You arrogant piece of sh-t. We've been here all morning waiting for you," the feline said with a smirk.

Wilbur looked up at him with a smile. "It's a pity you weren't here yesterday night or you would have seen us, wiring the dynamite."

A cascade of explosions ripped through the Badlands, knocking Hannah and Antfrost off their feet as the huge red wounds tore through the ground. Soldiers disappeared as the land under them opened up.

Wilbur didn't even flinch. "You know, the thing about Ranboo, he's basically a bit of a badger, isn't he?" Suddenly, there were screams filling the air as the cascading explosions continued their thunderous applause.

Screams from further, somewhere beyond the mesa, then another pocket, closer by this time, and another. "He's black and white, he likes to dig," Wilbur turned his head as a black and white flash appeared, slicing through the Eggpire army with uncanny speed. "And you really don't want to find yourself on the wrong side of him." He looked up just in time to see the glowing-eyed half-Enderman leap in front of him, spinning as his sword lopped the heads off both of his guards. Their weapons fell to the ground before him.