-New found Friends-

The hospital was pretty packed, doctors and nurses rushing everywhere. Jeongin was being a support beam for Jungkook who was on the verge of passing out. Both their clothes were covered with blood and Changbin still hadn't arrived yet as he was stuck in traffic. For some reason, a gunshot wasn't classed an emergency and nobody was treating them. Jeongin was starting to get frustrated, his phone was on low battery and he was exhausted. Every time he tried to speak to a doctor they said they would be back in a moment but they never came. "I'm sorry this happened" Jeongin whispered. "It's okay" Jungkook mumbled, his eyes slowing closing from the strain.

Jeongin decided that enough was enough, he understood that doctors had important jobs but he had caught a few standing around a desk laughing whilst Jungkook was bleeding out all over the waiting room chairs. As a doctor walked past he reached forward and grabbed him by the arm. "Listen, I know you have a busy schedule but right now my friend needs urgent medical attention and unless you want Levanter to come and pay you a visit I suggest you help him." Jeongin hissed. The male doctor's eyes widened at the mention of Levanter, he nodded and scurried away, he came back a few seconds later with a few nurses in tow. They took Jungkook away on a hospital bed, Jeongin tried to follow but the doctors insisted that he stay in the waiting room. He slumped down into one of the chairs and closed his eyes for a bit. The sound of the beeping machines helped to slow his heart rate down and it made him drowsy, he couldn't stop himself from falling asleep.

———————————————————————————

Jisung woke up in the apartment, he was surprised to find out that he was alone and that Chan had left. It didn't faze him much so he carried on his day, as usual, he wanted to go and see Felix who had been messaging him non-stop for an answer. Jisung wrote a little note explaining that he would be gone for a few hours just in case Chan was worried. He sent a quick text to Felix asking him to meet at a coffee shop a few miles down the road from the apartment. Felix was more than happy to meet up, he had been asking a lot of questions which was reasonable considering Jisung and Chan has just dropped off the grid. The only problem was that Jisung didn't know how much information he could give out, he didn't want to get Felix into trouble so he rehearsed a few lines in his head.

The cafe they met in was relatively empty, which was perfect. Felix was the first to get there and he had ordered some shortbread for himself and Jisung. He glanced around the coffee shop, it was one of the only ones that didn't have some mafia ties connected to it, Felix had made sure of it. Sometimes he wished that he had been more careful with the people he met when he first moved to Seoul, pairing with gang leaders wasn't exactly what he had in mind for his fresh start. The bell attached to the cafe door rang, Felix looked up and there he was. Jisung walked in and smiled brightly at Felix, he strolled over and sat down in the leather chair opposite him. "Where the hell have you been? You just left the house with no explanation. Is chan okay? Did something happen with Minho? Did Hyunjin say something?" Felix wasted no time in interrogating Jisung. Jisung simply laughed and waited for Felix to stop rambling. "Something unexpected happened and I and Chan had to leave for a while, it's only temporary while we figure out what to do and then we will be back," he said. Felix had a confused expression painted on his face. "Did Hyunjin do something again?" He asked. Jisung shook his head and reached out to take a bite of his shortbread. "Wow this is good" he exclaimed with his mouth full. Felix laughed "I thought you would like it, if there's anything I can do for you or chan let me know okay?". Jisung smiled. "Thank you, Felix"

———————————————————————————

Jeongin woke up with no memory of what had happened or what time it was. The beeping of the machines brought him back to reality and he sunk further down into the chair he was in. The hospital rush had died down and there was nobody around in the waiting room apart from a few doctors that occasionally walked by. He rubbed his eyes with one hand and fumbled around for his phone. He mentally faces palmed himself when he realised that he had left it in the car which was still parked in the field. Jeongin waited for the next doctor to walk past and when they did he reached out to grab their attention. "Excuse me is there any new on Jeon Jungkook? He came in with a gunshot wound a few hours ago" he asked. "He's fine" someone answered and it wasn't the doctor. Namjoon walked into the waiting room with two cups of coffee in his hands, the doctor handed him some medical files and walked away to attend to other patients. "Me and Jin saw him earlier, he will be on bed rest for a few weeks but he's alright" namjoon continued. He handed a cup of coffee to Jeongin who accepted it gratefully. "Namjoon I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought the gun in the first place it was stupid of me and I-" he was interrupted by the older placing a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry about it kid, I know it wasn't you who shot him and in all honesty, I'm just glad neither of you got hurt," he said calmly. Jeongin let out a shaky breath, he had let his guilty conscience get the better of him.

"What I am worried about though is the person who had the gun wasn't after Jungkook, he was after you so I warned Lee know and gave him a heads up" Namjoon continued. That was what worried him the most, Would Minho be disappointed in him? Facing the boss was the worst. Jin joined the two in the waiting room, he must have been with Jungkook. "He's in the room to your left if you want to see him," he said turning to Jeongin. The said name turned and walked down the corridor the way Jin had come. There was a room to his left and Jeongin took a deep breath before pulling down the handle and entering the room. Jungkook had his eyes closed and the steady rise of his chest showed that he was sleeping. He was pale due to loss of blood and a large bandage was wrapped around his right shoulder. Jeongin felt guilty knowing that if Jungkook hadn't jumped in front of the bullet then it would be him in that position. He sat down in the blue chair beside the bed and watched the vitals flicker across the screen, they were stable.

Jeongin sighed and pulled his phone out to check the time which is what he was trying to do earlier, the time read 2:41 am. Visiting hours were well past over but being in the mafia had connections, he had a few unread messages from Felix asking to hang out and some from Seungmin wondering where he was. The past few days had been hectic with the got7 drama and Chan suddenly leaving. Chan was the glue that held the team apart, him leaving had a bigger impact than people thought. Jeongin turned to look at Jungkook and almost had a heart attack when he saw the elder watching him. "Jesus you scared me," he said placing a hand over his racing heart. Jungkook smiled as he was unable to laugh, he looked okay for someone who had just been in a life-threatening accident.

"How are you feeling?" Jeongin asked. "I've been better, this isn't the worst injury I've ever had" he replied. The younger still felt guilty and that was evident on his face. "Look it wasn't your fault, you shouldn't have brought the gun but you left it in the car which meant that you knew it was wrong. You couldn't have predicted this" Jungkook said. Jeongin half-smiled. "Whatever fued we have is putting both our gangs in danger, I say we just put this behind us and work together to find out who did this".

Jungkook reached his good arm out for Jeongin to shake. "Friends?" he asked. "Friends" the other confirmed.

A dangerous friendship, built upon a tragic accident. But it was one that worked.

A;N

How cute :(((

I would give anything for them to be friends irl

Updates coming soon hopefully!