"Get away from him!" I yelled, throwing my yoyo at her. Yet, she grabbed my yoyo in midair, shocking me to bits. The villain used her bulky strength and yanked my weapon, sending me flying to a different part of the city.

{+}{+}{+}

Chat Noir's P.O.V

   I growled struggling to get myself free from her grasp. Yet, her immense strength keeps my wrists bound to the floor. Lioness just stares down at me sinisterly, sharp teeth glimmering like a predator that has proudly caught its prey. She sniffed the air around me, making me incredibly uncomfortable with how close she is.

   "Oooo, I know this scent very well," she scratchily said, giggling like a hyena, "Fear. You are afraid of something, boy."

   I felt my heartbeat spike but did not let it show on my face, glaring the akuma down. Lioness's ears perked up as if she is able to hear the beating in my chest accelerate. Her grin knowingly grew.

   "Tell me, what is haunting the poor baby kitten's dreams at night?" She asked in a menacing way. I kept my mouth shut, holding my scowl.

   Lioness shrugged her shoulders, "Oh well, I tried. It's time I fulfill my end of the bargain."

   She rearranged my wrists until holding them with one hand above my head. I once again tried to free myself with only a little bit more movement.

   "She's too strong," I thought, watching her reach for my ring. Panic began to coil itself around my soul, desperately trying to think of a way to get her off of me. Lioness's hand drew closer until unraveling my ring finger. I continued to struggle. I continued to fight back. I continued to do everything that I could as to not let her steal my miraculous.

   Without thinking and sheer anxiety, I shouted out one word.

   "Cataclysm!"

{+}{+}{+}

Ladybug's P.O.V

   I sprinted back, trying to reach the two as fast as I can before something bad happens. I had been thrown quite a few miles away and crashed through the window of a mattress store (a very lucky coincidence). I didn't have time to apologize, quickly getting up from a destroyed mattress and swinging out of the window I came through.

   Then, I speedily returned to the battle as fast as I possibly can.

   I can see the villain holding down Chat Noir ahead, beginning to slide his miraculous off of his finger. I know I won't be able to make it and need to somehow get the akuma away from my partner. I managed to grab my yoyo and fling it at Lioness.

Maybe, I can pull her away before she takes Chat's ring or hitting her in the head will be enough to distract her for a moment.

Yet, it isn't any of those methods that worked.

"Cataclysm!"

Before my yoyo could hit Lioness, she engulfed in black and diminishes into ashes. My yoyo continued through the ashes and clattered on the ground. My string went lagged on my finger before slipping off from my lacking hold on it.

I didn't pay it any attention, standing frozen in horror at what I just witnessed. The world around us is toned to silence. The slight wind scatters the ashes but it'll never be enough to blow the engraved memory away. It replays over in my head like a broken record until I finally am able to let it sink in.

My hand covered my mouth, staggering back in dismay. I felt my eyes grow watery and wondering how this went so terribly wrong. It was just another run-of-the-mill akuma. Sure, she was tough but we've faced stronger foes than her. It could've been a simple win without anyone else getting hurt.