I

・❥・

・❥・

When the early-morning meeting with the queen reached it's end, Maki was already—and quickly—making her way down to the training yard in hopes of finding them there.

And they were in fact there.

She watched as the wind violated their h/c hair, making it get in their face and become messy as they instructed the younger ones who were separated in groups of 8.
Their uniform stockings hugging their legs in the right ways, exposing their thighs. Not to mention the kingdom stamp on the apparel, helping to hide Y/n's binded chest.

They children ran off into the green enclosure to do as they were told.

"I thought you said you weren't good with kids." Maki spoke while walking towards Y/n.

"I am, with the younger group at least."
"You would think the 9-year-olds don't bite.." Y/n sighed, rubbing the side of their forearm.

"I'm sure it's not that hard."

"A kid threw a rock at me."

"It's..a rock?"

"It was about the size of a crown."

"Oh."

"Children are mean. That's why I asked for the older ones since they're more... cooperative."

"They're twice as worse, Y/n."

"I'd rather discipline a bunch of moody, quiet, and somewhat respectful 14-year-olds, than to stop two 8-year-olds from going at each other's throats."

"I see." She nodded.

They both chuckled. Despite not knowing whether or not Maki was allowed to be out in the training area, they enjoyed the opportunity to talk to her.

They liked it. A lot.

"L/n!"
"What do we do after we have picked and agreed on roles?" A kid who was just in view called out.

"Whoever everyone voted for as commander, has to wait on orders from them!"
"From then on, you set up a plan, and wait for further instructions from me!"

'Impressive.' Maki thought.

"Yes coach!"

"I find it shocking how you managed to get the kids to respect your identity."

"When I first got assigned to the group, we told secrets as ice-breakers."
"So when I told them, they were agreed and promised to keep it between those who knew. After that, they thought was cool for some reason."

"It's incredible how the youngest of minds work."

'This...is nice.' Y/n got flustered, watching the princess smile at the horizon.

・❥・

"Booo. You're starting to have a love-life." Yuka—a friend of Y/n's—groaned, resting his head on the fence of the terrace

"Weren't you just whining to Ryuko about how much you wanted to see the prince of the Gojo clan?" Y/n questioned.

"It's because I'm gay, isn't it?"

Y/n turned their head and stared him down because of the idiotic comment.

"What part of we're both queer don't you get?!" They shouted.

"And we're both hiding it! So tone it down some, genius!"

"Why do you like him anyway?"
"His hair looks like he's had bad hair day eight times over." Y/n scoffed

"Fuck you too then."
"And Maki..."

"Finish that, and I'll push you off this terrace."

"Stop threatening to hurt Yuka, Y/n." Ryuko—another friend—interrupted them.

"What's up?" Y/n waved.

"The counsel has requested your presence." He dramatically announced.

"Excuse me?"

"What do they need Y/n for?"
"The counsel only calls them for important shit and whatever." Yuka crossed his arms.

"Would you call them for something minor even though they're probably one of the best recruits we have in the knight corp?"

"No."
"However I would make it seem like a major one."

"That's because you're dramatic." Y/n left them alone.

・❥・

'Fuck, fuck, fuck.' They clasped their hair in frustration while sitting on the courtyard steps.

Despite trying their absolute hardest not to shed a tear, they couldn't keep themself together because the hot tears kept streaming down their face. And before trying to pull themself together, Y/n felt a hand go up and down their back.

"What's on your mind?" Ryuko's voice spoke softly.

"Are you that sure you wanna see me ugly cry?" They replied, their voice cracking rather aggressively.

"I won't force you then." He hugged them.

He then put his head on their shoulder, not bothering to loosen his embrace. Y/n appreciated that, since Ryuko's hugs were their favorite thing about him. It comforted them.

Feeling calm enough, they sat up while keeping Ryuko's arm around them.

"How do you feel about knowing that one of these days, you may not see me ever again?"