Chapter 3: Tongue Tied

TIME SKIP: 1 week later

Megumi's POV

Y/N and I have been working on the project every day at my place. Ever since I've locked eyes on her at the hospital, I think about her every single day. There's no doubt I've fallen for her and each time is harder than the last. The feelings for her kept getting deeper, more intense, more bewitching... I hate to admit it but deep down, I'm afraid. I've never been in love before this. The truth is, it's not that I don't believe in love, I'm just terrified it doesn't believe in me. I could sense that she's afraid of me... probably because I may appear reserved and calculating... But how do I become warmer towards her? Does she feel the same way as I do? Sigh... I wish I could just ask Itadori for advice right now.

Today, we've been working on the project at my place as usual.

"Uhhh my brain is fried..." said Y/N as she got up and laid on the couch.

I was lost in my thoughts about Y/N, but Y/N's words snapped me back to reality. What should I say? Uhh! It's time for me to make a move.

"Do you wanna go for a walk? To clear your mind?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah sure. That sounds great" said Y/N with a bright smile. Her smile never fails to cheer me up.

Y/N's POV:

We sat on the black bench at the park nearby, warm from the steady sun. Shiro and Kuro were resting their heads on our laps as we adored how the evening sun cast long shadows on the green grass, as the slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky.

Then, I heard loud continuous "Meows" coming from a nearby tree next to us. I looked up and saw an orange tabby cat stuck on the tree, meowing for help.

I got up, walked towards the tree, and began climbing the tree without any second thoughts in an attempt to bring the cat down to safety.

"Hey Y/N, don't do that! Come back down" said Megumi.

I ignored him and continued climbing the tree. All I could focus on was rescuing the cat.

"Here kitty kitty kitty, it's okay, I got you. Come to mama!" I said with a baby voice, using one arm to gesture to the cat to grab onto me. The orange tabby jumped onto my shoulder and I held it with one arm.

"Okay... Slow and steady... You climbed up with ease, you can climb back down with no problem..." I reassured myself.

I could see Megumi anxiously waiting for me under the tree.

It was a lot harder climbing down with one arm holding onto the cat. I missed a step and fell down with my back landing. My heart skipped a beat and I clenched my eyes shut. I held on tighter to the cat to make sure it's safe in my arms.

Megumi reacted quickly and managed to catch me bridal style, saving me from the fall. 

I opened my eyes and saw Megumi's face close to mine, his worried eyes looking into mine, and my heart was pounding faster and faster as if it's going to explode. I've never seen Megumi's face this up close before. BADUM! I think I'm going to faint.

"Oh Whiskers! There you are!" I heard a woman saying from afar say.

"Thank you for finding him," said the woman as she walked closer.

Megumi gently put me down.

"Oh, no problem. Whiskers was stuck on the tree and I brought him down to safety." I said and returned the cat to the owner.

Megumi Fushiguro x Y/N - Does Love Exist?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara