Chapter 13: Forever And Always

Y/N's POV:

"Megumi... please wake up..." I whimpered helplessly as I buried my face in the crook of my elbow, sitting next to Megumi's hospital bed, tears streaming down my face.

The paramedics brought Megumi to the ICU and the doctors managed to remove the bullet and treat his wound. Thankfully, the bullet didn't reach his vital organs. But... he has been in a deep coma for three days due to excessive blood loss.

"Megumi..." I whispered and held his hand tightly. Then, I felt his fingers twitching.

"Megumi?" I called his name again.

"Y/N..." Megumi murmured softly.

"Megumi! You're awake." I said as I held his hand tighter, crying tears of joy. But he was too weak to respond.

In the next couple of hours, I sat there, holding his hand and caressing it with my thumb, waiting patiently as he gradually regained consciousness and gathered his senses, bit by bit.

Suddenly, I could feel his hand holding mine tightly.

"Megumi?" I said.

"Y/N... What... happened?" Megumi whispered weakly.

"Megumi, you were in a coma. You were shot in the stomach and thankfully, the paramedics came just in time" I said.

"Oh..." said Megumi with a groggy voice and slowly opened his eyes. "How long was I out?"

"3 days" I answered. He took a long pause, slowly regaining his memories.

"Where's Toji? How did we get here?" he asked.

"My dad arrested him. They got to us just in time, thanks to this ring." I said and pointed at the ring on my index finger.

Megumi stared at me with a perplexed look on his face.

"It's actually a GPS tracking device. My dad gave it to me. The diamond on the ring is actually a button to inform the FBI if I happened to be captured by Toji. We actually prepared for this and it paid off" I explained.

"I'm glad..." he said with a soft smile on his face. "I'm glad you safe, Y/N"

"I'm glad you're awake, Megumi. How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm feeling okay... just a little tired," he said.

"Alright, I'll let you rest," I said and smiled at him with relief. I stood up and gave him a kiss on his forehead before walking towards the entrance of the medical ward.

"Y/N, wait..." he said and sat up from his bed.

"Hm?" I turned around and walked back towards him.

"Y/N... Now that it's all over, can I... stay by your side every day? I can't stand another day without you" he said and reached out to hold my hand.

"I'm really sorry for leaving you and I regret it so much to this day... I d-don't..." his voice began cracking with despair.

"Megumi, you talk too much."

I drew him toward me with my eyes. He inclined his face toward mine and laid his mouth on my mouth, already soft and open. His kisses drew me in like a whirlwind of pure rapture, melting every part of me, leaving me breathless.

Just when the kiss got more intense, Megumi gasped and broke it off.

"What about your dad?" he asked.

"Like I said... Screw what he thinks" I brought my fingers up the back of his head and pulled him closer for another kiss.

Then, I heard a loud "Ahem..." at the door. We broke off the kiss, turned our heads, and saw my dad standing by the door.