Shanli shoved her flute inside her loose sleeve and strode away, passing by Jiang Cheng. But Jiang Cheng was fast and immediately caught her wrist, making her halt from her steps.

Jiang Cheng, "Wait." he added, "I need to talk to you."

"I-If it's about w-what happened awhile ago, the-then it's okay. I'm not angry and I'm fine." Shanli hurried, still not making contact with Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng's brows knitted as he sighed, "It's not about that."

"Then was it about my friend rude act awhile ag--"

A vein pooped out of Jiang Cheng's forehead. He cut her off, "I told you it's not about anything of that. Can you at least listen to me?"

Lan Shanli remained silent, not sure what to say back. Shanli was aware that Jiang Cheng was about to ask her why she stopped going. She doesn't want to tell him.

Jiang Cheng finally loosened his grip and said, "Calm yourself first, your trembling. And then let's talk. I have a few questions to ask you."

Jiang Cheng finally let go of her wrist, and he was glad Shanli didn't run away. Shanli caressed her wrist and took a few deep breaths. Finally calming herself, she turned to face Jiang Cheng, but her head still hung low, avoiding looking at Jiang Cheng.

"Will you finally talk to me?" Jiang Cheng asked. Shanli gave him a slight nod.

Jiang Cheng let out a breath in relief. He can finally talk to her seriously.

"My questions have a few connections to what your friend said awhile ago." Jiang Cheng started.

Lan Shanli stiffened on her spot.

Jiang Cheng, "Shanli..."

"Who made you act like this?"

Shanli gulped, "That..." she paused, hesitating to say it. Suddenly someone called her, almost whispering. Shanli turned around only to see Lan Shuang by the entrance of the terrace. Her two hands standing beside her lips, she whispered, enough for Shanli to hear it, "Just tell him!!!"

Shanli flushed red, "Wha-what... Lan Shuang! What are you doing here?"

"Just tell him--" Lan Cuifen suddenly came and stood in front of Shuang. She then bent her knees and hugged Shuang's knees. In the following seconds, Lan Cuifen lifted Lan Shuang's whole body. Lan Cuifen carried her with Shuang's stomach on her shoulder.

This shocked Jiang Cheng and Lan Shanli that it made them speechless.

Such a shameless act.

"Kyahh!! A-Fen, how bold of you to carry me like this in front of Sect Leader Jiang." Lan Shuang squealed. Cuifen finally bowed and turned around, walking away.

Jiang Cheng and Lan Shanli watched the two couples walk away until they turned into a corner. But still, Lan Shuang managed to add a word, yelling, "YOU BETTER TELL SECT LEADER JIANG AND HAVE HIM STRANGLE THAT OLD HA---"

And her words ended there. It was clear she was cut off. Cuifen might have silenced her.

Shanli sighed, internally face-palming herself. She awkwardly smiled and said, "I'm sorry about them. That's just how they are. Please don't mind them."

"I heard that two members of the same gender married each other from the Lan Clan. Is it the two of them?" Jiang Cheng asked.

Shanli looked at him with a surprised look. She didn't expect him to ask that. She wasn't also expecting that it would reach them about the marriage of the two female Lan.