THE BATTLE OF GODS EYE: PART 2

Start from the beginning

But he knows it cannot happen, as the enemy has dug trenches and placed huge wooden stakes in the frontline. And the horses will never charge into a ground full of sharp stakes and trenches.

Kevan looked at the men. In truth he was a little disappointed in not being command of the Lannister contingent, of the army. He had no problem in leading the men of the Stormlands, Crownlands and Narrow Sea. But the truth is that he doesn't trust them.

The Lords of Stormlands had first declared for Renly, then they have declared for Stannis just like the lords of Narrow Sea. And it took threats and promises of rewards for the Lords of Crownlands to declare and fight for the Iron Throne.

But Kevan was at least relieved about the question of their loyalty when the soldiers charged boldly in the face of enemy pikes and spears.

But even with their courage and boldness, they were pushed back by the strength and resistance of The Rivermen and The Valemen.

It was then, from atop his horse, that he caught the glimpse of the man leading the enemy host on the left flank

It was Ser Brynden Tully, the legendary Blckfish.

Kevan grimaced. A lifetime ago, he and Blackfish, were good friends. After all, they had fought side by side, at the war of Nine Penny Kings. But now they were bitter enemies, both fighting hungry for each others blood.

He was shook out of his melancholy, by the shrill voice of his, rather reluctantly made, second in command, Ser Amory Lorch, who was riding his horse just beside him.

"Men" Amory cried catching their attention attention "Pick the bodies, and fill the trenches with them".

Kevan turned to his unworthy second in command. He knew that Amory is a swine, but disrespecting the bodies of their own dead is even low for him.

"What do you mean by that Ser Lorch" Kevan asked in disgust "Have you no shame, those are our own dead".

"And more will die, if we don't fight properly" Amory said hotly "The trenches is needed, to be filled with something. What better than the dead bodies. At least they will be helping us even at their deaths, rather than lie uselessly on the ground".

Kevan looked at the child beating Knight. He knows what he is saying is true. The trenches were preventing his men to fight properly, they are needed to be filled.

Kevan took a deep breathe and said the most shameful command in his life.

"Do it" He said not looking at his men's faces. He did not want to look at them, for the shame he felt. These men were dying for him, and now he is ordering them to disrespect their dead, their brothers in arms.

Amory smirked in satisfaction "You heard your Lord" The pig faced knight ordered gleefully.

The men quickly, followed his orders picking up the deceased bodies of their own men and piled them up to fill the trenches, to properly stand and fight the enemy.

The next hour of the battle, became a slog of give and take, with Kevan shouting occasional commands.

Finally they are slowly, pushing the men back. With the trenches now being filled, it was easier for their men to stand and  fight properly.

It was a slow fight but if they continue to fight like this, they can finally break through the left flank.

But Kevan's hopes were dashed when a warhorn, that sounded similarly like the northern war horn blew up, behind the enemy lines.

Suddenly, thousands of men, wearing armous bearing the sigil of blue Rose, charged through behind the enemy lines and pushed their men back. While the Valeman and Riverman hastily,  rearranged their pike formations.