FALL OF THE GOLDEN TOOTH

This chapter takes place, just a day after the Battle Of Oxcross.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
229 AC

WESTERLANDS

GOLDEN TOOTH

ALYSANNE LEFFORD

Lady Alysanne Lefford, younger sister of Lord Leo Lefford, and acting ruler of the Golden Tooth sighed as she observed the Northern army, from the battlements of the castle.

Just two weeks ago she had received a raven from lord Tywin Lannister himself, instructing her to shore up the defences of the Golden Tooth as it was likely that the Northmen will invade the Westerlands, to cut off the power base of House Lannister's and deny their army with fresh troops, supplies and most importantly weaken their moral.

She remembered that she was shocked when she received the news that Lord Tywin Lannister, veteran of Wars, and one of the best military commander in Westeros has been defeated in the field of battle, not once but thrice, against a numerically inferior foe, being led by a green northern boy with no prior experience in battles.

And not only that, their army, in the Riverlands have lost more than half their numbers with the rest of their force, Under Lord Tywin himself has been defensively pinned at Harrenhal.

Not that she could blame them. Lord Tywin and his army is surrounded in three fronts. With Robb Stark in the North, Renly and Stannis Baratheon in the South and the threat of The Vale in the east. It was best to play defensive for now.

But that also mean that help will not arrive for some time and they had to deal with the Northern army for themselves, until Ser Stafford Lannister can arrive with his new army that is being assembled at the village of Oxcross.

"Ser Stafford is now our only hope" Alysanne thought grimly "I hope he arrives quickly".

After the scouts had reported that the Northern army is approaching, she had quickly send a raven to Ser Stafford, requesting him to send aid quickly.

But that was two days ago and she had not received any reply yet.

"My Lady, are you alright?" Ser Cletos, the captain of the household guard, asked her worriedly.

"I am fine Ser Cletos" Alysanne answered with a frown "But I am worried, why hasn't Ser Stafford replied yet, it has already been two days since I send the raven".

"Maybe he doesn't have a healthy raven of his own, so that is why he couldn't send a answer" Cletos answered hesitantly.

"Don't talk foolishly Ser Cletos" Alysanne snapped "If he doesn't have a raven, he could always have send a fast rider with a message, Oxcross isn't that far from the golden tooth".

Ser Cletos flushed embarrassed, at his own foolishness and Alysanne shook her head with a frown, but before she can chastise her captain of guards further a horn blasted from the West side of Golden Tooth.

Both of them turned towards the direction of the sound and Alysanne sighed in relief "Looks like Ser Stafford is here" She said.

"Maybe that is why he didn't send a reply because he was already coming here" Ser Cletos said.

The two of them quickly hurried towards the western battlements. But what they saw made them stiff with shock.

She had expected to see Lannister Banners with crimson and golden lion sigils. But instead it was a sea of grey banners with the sigils of wolves woven into the clothes. And she knew very well whose banners it was.

It was the sigil of Grey Direwolf, the banners of House Stark.

Alysanne felt a feeling of dread settle at the pit of her stomach and her only thoughts at the moment we're "How did they pass the golden Tooth without us noticing? Did they pass through the Dep's Den? No that would have taken them much longer, So how did they do it? Where is Ser Stafford? What happened to him or his army?" Her eyes widened "That's why Ser Stafford's army is not responding because he is already defeated and there is no army left?"

Alysanne felt a chill ran down her spine. Ser Stafford's army was there only hope to halt Robb Stark's advance into Westerlands and now with them defeated nothing is stopping the Northmen from pillaging their lands.

"The same way our army pillaged the Riverlands" A Small voice whispered in her head.

"My lady what should we do" Ser Cletos asked her.

"What are our chances of resisting them, can we hold them back" Alysanne asked even though she already knew the answer.

Ser Cletos only confirmed her fears when he said "I fear not my lady" he answered grimly "The Golden Tooth can survive an attack from the east, but a simultaneous attack from both the east and the west". he shook his head "It will be a massacre".

"My Lady, Ser Cletos look" An archer standing a few feet away from them said loudly.

Both of turned to the direction where the soldier was pointing and saw two riders were approaching the gates with white banners in their hands.

"Looks like the Young Wolf wants to parley with us" Ser Cletos mused.

They watched as the riders hand their own soldiers a message. The soldier then rushed to the battlements where they were standing, with the Young Wolf's message in his hand.

"My Lady, Ser Cletos" The soldier bowed before handing the piece of paper to Ser Cletos.

Ser Cletos began reading the message his face becoming pale with every word he read.

"What is it Ser Cletos" Alysanne asked hesitantly

"The Young Wolf is asking for us to surrender the castle and open the gates for his army. If we comply no harm will come to us but if we didn't surrender" he paused to take a deep breathe before continuing "He will torch the castle and will put it's inhabitants to the sword after he takes the castle by force"

Alysanne felt her blood freeze inside her veins. She was trapped in a rock and a hard place. If she resist she along with all her people will die and if she complied to Robb Stark's wishes there is a good chance Lord Tywin will do the same, if he ever defeats the Young Wolf.

But looking at the direction the war is going, it is highly unlikely that the old Lion will ever defeat the Young Wolf.

"Do we have a choice?" She asked Ser Cletos.

"If you don't want to die, no there is not" The aged Knight answered.

Alysanne took a deep breathe, nodding to herself. The lives of her people is more important than her.

She had taken her decision.

She turned to the soldier "Tell his Grace that the Gates will be opened for his army to pass" She said her, voice hard "The hospitality of the Golden Tooth is his"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And Done!
This is only a short chapter, detailing the fall of the Golden Tooth, which is the Westerland version of Moat Cailin, and is one of the most strategic and important castle in the Westerlands.

The castle didn't fall in Canon as Robb lacked the manpower to do so, but in this story the castle fall to Robb's army.

At first I thought to make this chapter from Robb's POV, but then I decided why don't I do a POV from enemy side. So I did just that.

Now many of you will think that I made Robb bloodlusted, as a son of honourable Ned Stark will never tell that he will kill innocents, If they doesn't surrender, even as a threat. But you have to remember that this Robb is not the same honourable Robb in the canon.

If you liked this chapter don't forget to leave a comment because always remember reviews are a food for a writer's soul.