Chapter Seven: Beth

As we walk outside the clan of the Healers, we heard fire burning, people chatting and more. We said our thanks to the guards and left. When we came back to our compound we saw Madelyn and Marilyn eating in the cafeteria. I saw Chris walk away because he he went to to Dane. Miles is with me and we passed by Zero, their stare is devilish, their looking at Miles. I remembered that Miles, Chris and Zero likes me, I thing they're all in a big war. But too late, Me and Chris already hooked up.

But really regret that because I like Miles more than him, I'll choose the right time to break up with Chris and tell Miles that all this long time he was the one who fits perfectly for me. Everything I want in a guy is all in him, sweet, caring, loving, thoughtful, joker, has a sense of humor and many more!

I love Miles for who he is, inside and outside. I'll just go with the flow every time I'm with Chris.

It was late and it's time for us to sleep. I told Miles to sleep with me on my bed, but he worries if the others will see us, well I told him not be worried because we're just very close friends. What was I thinking?! I shouldn't introduced Chris to my family as my boyfriend! Wait, wait, wait, wait! Speaking of family, I didn't let Chris or Miles listen to our conversation because it's a bit personal. And I don't like anyone even him or Miles know about it. I was thinking about leaving the compound without anyone, or let anyone know about it, even Chris or Miles.

=FLASHBACK=

When we reached to my mom and dad's house, I introduced the two men I'm with, Miles and Chris. After, I talked with them. And they told me this,

"Honey, you should be careful." Mom said as mom walked toward mom and say down and spoke up,

"Not all the people in your clan can be trusted." He butted in.

"Yes, he's right." Mom said.

"Mom I-I-I have a lot of trust-worthy friends and people there," I explained.

"Yes but-" mom said as I butt in.

"You don't have to suspect them for-for negative things!" I said. Then I wiped my face with my warm palms and rolled my eyes.

"It's just that... Some people there even the ones that are loyal to you maybe-" mom said.

"Maybe what?! Cruel?" I said. And I gave them a disgusted expression while they face each other and took a deep breath.

"Yes honey, maybe even worse." She said while her face make the expressions as if something bad happened.

"Why do yo know so much about this are you an expert? Huh? Tell me your lies!" I disrespectfully said. And I rolled my eyes to them once more.

"It's-" mom said as Chris butt it.

"Ma'am, sir sorry to interrupt this moment, but your daughter needs to go before dark or else Dane will get mad." Chris explained. Good thing he did that or else I'd be having a longer sermon with my parents.

"Of course!" Dad said while giving Chris a non-obvious smile, but I noticed it.

"You are not safe there, you're in great danger." Mom warned me as my angry face turned to a worried face.

"Wha- what?" I tried to say but Chris kept on dragging me outside because we're on a serious hurry.

I was worried on what was mom talking about, I think she gone psycho again. Zero, maybe he's whacking me up, maybe it's not true that he likes me because I remembered when me and Miles passed by the room where Zero was staying, his seductive yet scary face caught my attention that time when we passed by. Maybe he's one of the traitors that will surrender to me, just like any other story and movie. 'Zero, is he a traitor? Zero, is he a risk? Zero...' That wonder still stayed in my head, it only ended when we came back and still see some other students like me feasting and having fun.