f o r t y - o n e

Start from the beginning

"I won't tell you," he puts both his hands on bhabhi's legs and peeks from the side.

"Who will you tell if not to your khala."

"Sawera," a mini squeal rusps out of his throat.

It warms my heart, I love him so much.

They all look towards me and I open my arms for him, "Aww, thank you!"

Abyan runs to me and whispers words I don't understand in my ear.

Sehar aapi laughs and her husband busies her with their own personal talks.

I tell the henna artists to only fill my hand till the ends of my palm and Rabeel, Sehar aapi's cousin, rolls her eyes.

"Isn't this your thing now?" I hear Abroo.

"Huh?" I look at her,

"To take everything that's mine?" She smirks, sitting down.

"Sorry?"

"You don't know I was dating Azaan?"

I look at Rabeel and she's detailing the mehndi design to her artist.

"No, I'm sorry I didn't know."

"Now you do. Abyan's my nephew and I'd like you to maintain distance-" her phone rings, "you get me, right?"

I look down to my henna and my mood's so off now, I want to calmly rest my hand down and ruin the whole design.

Abyan looks at my henna from my lap, "wow, this is so pretty," his eyes shine so beautifully.

I smile to him.

"Did you see Abeeha wearing this?" He points to the design so closely, it gets ruined.

I laugh at the way he grimaces, he looks like Azaan. "Sehar aapi, please get his hands washed-"

My laughter seizes.

Allah, I can't do this.

You better faint me right away.

Kill me, if you will.

I won't complain, I promise.

Tell me that's not Azaan.

My heartbeat and breath has already been played with enough times.

"Assalamualeikum," his hazel eyes dart directly on my heart.

He's so close to me. Is this real? No it's not. How's it- I would believe if someone said Shahrukh Khan's here but Azaan...

His smile is so small, yet so dashing.

I can't say anything about the emotions his eyes hold. I don't want to say anything. I'm staring for too long.

This is wrong.

"Chaachu!" Abyan climbs up his arms and I lower my eyes.