Rhythm!Questgiver x Reader ~ Invitation

[UNEDITED]

// FLUFF \\

Words: 824

-

2nd POV
You generally had no qualms with the rain, but when it came down to reducing the amount of energy you had, that became a problem. The fireplace near the grassy mounds of Hidden Forest provided a sense of protection for your resting being as it had tired out from travelling. Why you thought it would be a good idea to continue forwards without proper equipment was beyond the current you. Now you were simply forced to wait to reattain your strength to continue. The rain persisted and poured down near the fireplace, hardly splashing onto you as you had practically shoved yourself into the fire for warmth.

You give a content sigh, allowing your eyes to close as you listen to the calming ambience of the forest. Subtle rustles of the grass disrupt the normal silence but you pay no mind, only reopening your eyes after hearing a voice call out to you. "Excuse me. May I sit with you?" You look up at the source, finding a tall male with an open umbrella clutched in his left hand. There was no expression on your face as you simply nod for him to do as he please, hoping to get some sleep without any distractions. "Are you tired?" You could only give a brief hum to the young man, too exhausted to participate in idle chit-chat.

Silence continued thereafter, the sounds of fire crackling and rain pouring being the only ambience calming you down. You could suddenly feel a strange sensation near your side— not that it felt odd, but that it was a sudden change in atmosphere. Your eyes slowly reopen, and you glance to the side to see the same figure from before. Only that he was sitting right beside you with an umbrella over the both of you. Immediately, you flinch back, completely awake and aware that your privacy was just being invaded to an extent. "Ah, no need to be alarmed!" The owl-haired figure gestures with his unoccupied hand, hoping to show he poses no threat whatsoever. "I was simply curious. You are aware that you are allowing a stranger to accompany you alone at this time, right?" He tilts his head and waits for your reaction.

The question catches you off guard, and now you're looking around the area to realise that it was, indeed, a rather questionable time to be left alone. The sky had already dimmed enough that you could see stars through the overlaying clouds. You ponder for a while and fidget with your clothes, almost forgetting the individual beside you. "I see what you mean.." The murmur came out more incoherent than you had hoped, but the male appeared to have caught onto your words.

His glowing eyes squint in means of expressing amusement— and nods, lending you his umbrella as he slowly backs away. You, having no clue if you should accept the kind gesture or ask him about what he's doing, accidentally leave him idling there. At least until he subtly shakes his lending hand after noticing your stunned silence. You shake your head respectfully, declining the offer and instead offering him to stay with you to initiate a proper introduction. The offer was not left standing as he immediately agrees. "Why, I'd love to!" He walks over and sits on his knees on the opposite side of the fireplace, directly facing you. "I am the lead owner of an organisation called 'Rhythm'. You are free to refer to me as such." Rhythm starts. "We participate in many activities around the realms, and we love an audience for our musicals."

You gaze at him in silent awe as he introduces himself. It wasn't common to have musical organisations roaming about the realms, so the fact you were with the leader immediately grasped your attention. Then it came to your turn. There weren't many interesting things about yourself so you merely comment on the activities and hobbies you enjoy doing. They seemed to still catch Rhythm's attention, much to your surprise. "There are some other things I'd love to do but have never gotten the proper chance to pursue. Maybe some other day, I suppose."

"So an aspiring individual! If this is your cup of tea, you're free to accompany me on our musical journey if you'd like." Rhythm offers. However, this time, you don't leave him idling awkwardly for a response. You're still stunned by the invitation, but you almost immediately accept it. "Wonderful!" he claps joyously. "We should get ready then. Winter is coming soon so it's best we get ready before we begin our official departure." You're left in awe once more, allowing the taller male to escort you through the forest and back to wherever his organisation was residing in.

This would be an interesting experience.

-

Thank you for reading! Please point out any grammatical errors. ^^
Remember that you're free to request!