The First and Last Chapter

"Please hold

  "Please hold." The V.illain's secretary
sets the phone down and turns to
her boss, a look of consternation on
her face. "It's Make-a-Wish. A fan of
yours wants to meet you."
"Splendid." He says with a wide grin.
"Set up the meet for Monday and clear my schedule. I think we have some friends who would like to see this one. Oh and call our little friend and give her the... happy, news."
________________________________

𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢,  𝟸𝟷:𝟹𝟶

  That weekend little Jasper hears the news of what he is going to be doing come Monday and he couldn't be happier.

   As his mom walks into his room she sees his outfit laying on the bed all picked out and ready for tomorrow. "Someone's excited." Jasper turns to her and jumps in her arms with all his might. "Thank you mommy! I love you!" She smiles. "Oh I love you too J. Come on let's get you tucked into bed. You've got a long day ahead of you."

   Tucking him into bed she gives him a kiss on the head and brushes a strand of hair out of his face. "Goodnight my sweet boy." "Goodnight Momma." He whispers back to her right before he falls asleep.

  After sitting there watching him for a while she collects a few things and makes her way out of the hospital room.

"Hey Lisa how are you doing tonight?" The nurse at the front desk asks. "About as good as I can." She says giving her a half smile. "Besides it's raining and noting good ever comes with rain." She tries to crack a joke to lighten the mood. It didn't work. "Anyways when does your shift end Candy?" she asks trying to change the subject. "Umm not for a few hours. I took the night shift." Candy reply's. Lisa nods her head as a slightly awkward silence falls over the room. "You going home tonight?" Candy wonders. "No, not tonight. I still can't bring myself to leave him." Her smile starts to fade as she thinks of her son who is just in the other room. She's barely been able to leave his side since they got the diagnosis.

"Well I'm gonna head down to the café and get something to eat." She says, starting to walk backwards towards the elevator. "Ok then try to get some sleep huh." "Ahah no promises Candy. Bye." Candy glares. "Uh huh bye now."

———~—————•••—————~———

𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢,   𝟶𝟽:𝟸𝟶

  Lisa finds herself jolted awake by the sounds of alarms going off paired with flashing lights in the pediatric ward. Terror engulfs her and she starts to fear the worst. That the one thing she has been dreading has finally come true.

  She rushes through the doors to the hallway that leads to her son's room only to find that the alarms are coming from somewhere else.

  As she slips into his room she finds him awake rubbing his eyes. A wave of Calm washes over her and she feels she can finally breathe again.

  "Good morning my sweet boy." Jasper opens his mouth to talk but the words are replaced by a soft yawn. "Gmornin mommy. Did you sleep, ok?" "I slept fine how about you?" She asks while walking over and sitting at the foot of his bed. "It was ok..." he pauses for a second to think but as if a lightbulb goes off in his head his eyes light up as he realizes what today is.