𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

(Listen to the song while reading for emotion)

10 years later

          "Close your eyes." Miya said. 

          "Hmmm.. what if I don't want to?" I replied

          "Please, I promise you won't regret it!" he whined

          "Fine, fine. How can I say no to that cute face of yours." I said, closing my eyes. I felt his hands delicately grab mine, like the thought they would break. A small object was placed into my hand. "Okay, open." he said. 

          My eyes opened and I saw a little present was placed in my hands. "My birthday isn't for a few months you know." I smirked. "I know, I know. This is just for fun. Now hurry up and open it." he replied. I could feel his excitement, it was adorable. I opened the present, and pulled out the contents. It was a small piece of paper. I unfolded the paper and saw that there was a message.

It read: Go to where we shared our first kiss

          I smiled. It was a scavenger hunt. Miya and I did this occasionally, when something important was happening. At the end of each hunt is a prize. "Alright, hop in the car. I'll get the keys." I said. He nodded and headed out the door.

          I shoved the keys in the ignition and turned on the car. It was so exciting that I could barely keep still. "Seatbelts everyone!" I shouted. "Please let this be a normal field trip!" Miya replied. "With the Frizz? No way!" I yelled, shoving my foot on the pedal. I started driving to the park.

           I still remember that day. 

          It was during freshman year. Miya had taken me to the park after homecoming to hang out. We both sat on the swings and talked for a few. He asked me to follow him so I did, and he led me to the bridge that ran over the lake. He turned to me and looked me in the eyes. 

          "(Y/n), look. We've known each other for god knows how long-"

          "9 years."

          "Yeah, anyways. I know I'm not that great. I'm stuck up all the time and I think I'm better than everyone else, but, I just.. I don't know. Sorry, I'm not good at talking about my feelings," he sighed  "..It's just ever since we met, I've felt happier. Every day was easier and more bearable with you around. Whenever things got tough with my parents, you were always there to comfort me. We've always been there for each other, and I'm so grateful. I'm so grateful that you decided to be my friend. I'm so grateful to get to spend every day with you. You mean so much to me, (Y/n). "

          I blinked as I felt blood rush into my face. "Miya.. I feel the same way, but you don't have to tell me. I already know."

          "Just listen. I've been told I'm selfish. That I only care about myself, and you know what? It's probably true. And I know I shouldn't be, but," he stepped closer to me and put his hand on my cheek, "..Could you let me be selfish, just this once?" he asked. I placed my hands on his chest. 

          "Please do."

          He leaned in and wrapped me in a kiss. The moonlight reflecting on the water below making everything more romantic. Sure it was cliché, kissing on a bridge in the moonlight, but nevertheless I still enjoyed it.