cont.

-

Time passes. Soon, Jeno adapts to his college life. Things haven't changed much, honestly.

"Thank you! See you guys next week!" Woo Kyung bids her friends goodbye as she exits her classroom. "Oh? What brings you here, Jeno?", she greets Jeno with a smile. "Noona, do you have time later?" he asks. She checks the time on her phone. "Uhm... I'll be free after 8pm. Why?" Woo Kyung asks. "Let's go for a drink together", Jeno tells her timidly. Woo Kyung nods nonchalantly. "Sure. Let's do that", she replies. "Okay, I'll be in front of your house at 8 then", Jeno tells her. Woo Kyung smiles before patting his head and rushing off. Jeno smiles and takes a deep breath nervously as he sees her walk away.

Later that night

"I could've paid for the meal though. You've always paid", Woo Kyung tells Jaehyun as they exit a restaurant. "It's funny, because I always love paying whenever I'm with you", Jaehyun smiles at her. They look at each other, grinning from ear to ear. "Wow, then I should come out with you more often for free meals", Woo Kyung jokes. They both laugh. "I'll walk you home", Jaehyun offers.

Suddenly, rain starts pouring as they near Woo Kyung's house. They both take shelter at a nearby bus stop. Jaehyun looks around and spots a convenience store not too far away from the bus stop. "Woo Kyung-ah, wait here a second. I'll go get an umbrella from the convenience store", Jaehyun tells her before running into the rain.

At the same time

Jeno takes shelter at the convenience store. He brushes off the raindrops from his clothes and notices two umbrellas in the store. "Noona probably doesn't have an umbrella, right?" Jeno thinks and smiles. He walks into the store. Jaehyun picks up an umbrella and contemplates whether to take both. Jeno walks up to him and asks, "Excuse me, are you going to buy both?" Jaehyun smiles. "No, one will do for me", he says before walking to the cashier to pay, and walking off with the umbrella. Jeno picks up the last umbrella and grins, feeling proud of himself. He pays and leaves for Woo Kyung's house under the newly-bought umbrella.

Jaehyun walks back to the bus stop. "Sorry, there was only one umbrella left", Jaehyun tells Woo Kyung. She smiles. "That's okay, we can share", she tells him. They both walk under the same umbrella slowly.

Jeno arrives in front of Woo Kyung's house. He checks the time on his phone. "7.55pm, I still have a little time", Jeno says to himself. He takes out a box from his bag and opens it to check. It's a necklace for Woo Kyung. He had been planning to confess that night and was feeling extra nervous about it. He takes a deep breath and puts the box back into his bag. Jeno thinks of the playground that Woo Kyung passes by on the way home. "I should wait there for her since she might not have an umbrella..." Jeno tells himself before walking towards the playground.

"Sunbae, your shoulder is getting soaked", Woo Kyung tells Jaehyun as she tilts the umbrella towards his side. "It's okay if I get soaked, but you'll get soaked too like this", Jaehyun tilts the umbrella back towards Woo Kyung. "Should we... Stick closer to each other, then?" Woo Kyung carefully suggests. Jaehyun nervously pulls Woo Kyung closer. They start walking in silence.

"8.10pm... Noona's running a little late, should I call her?" Jeno thinks while checking the time. "No, it must be because of the rain. Let's wait a little more" Jeno continues waiting at the park, starting to feel a little fidgety. He sighs "Ack! I'm so nervous!"

"Woo Kyung-ah" Jaehyun calls out to her. "Yes?" Woo Kyung answers. "If you're aware... No, if it's not just my delusion... Our feelings are mutual, right?" Jaehyun asks carefully. Woo Kyung is taken aback.

"Oh? It's noona", Jeno sees Woo Kyung from afar, walking with another man beside her.

"It's not a delusion", Woo Kyung tells Jaehyun as they stop in their tracks. "I like you, sunbae", Woo Kyung confesses timidly, not daring to look him in the eye. Jaehyun smiles at her. He crouches down and cups her face with one hand. "It's a relief", Jaehyun says before leaning in for a kiss.

Jeno sees everything happening from afar.

-

"Noona, something came up. I can't make it today, sorry." Jeno's message to Woo Kyung reads.

-

(End)