Chapter Seven

A/N: really really short chapter... sorry:(

After a very tiring integration and a lot of pitiful looks and raised eyebrows, they were finally done. Azalea looked at her watch. It had been four hours.

Four hours.

She found the twins crashed out on her floor, drooling everywhere. Luke had been sleeping all day, and Xavier helped her carry Liam and Lena to their bunk beds.

Despite her drooping eyes and her body begging for rest, Azalea couldn't fall asleep. She decided to head downstairs and hang around the kitchen until she felt like she was actually falling asleep.

She warmed up some milk to help her fall asleep (she had seen it in a TV show once, she might as well give it a try)and leaned against the cabinets, sipping the weird-tasting milk.

She heard creaking and turned around to see Xavier sitting on the stairs, staring into the distance. He turned his head to her.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked.

Azalea nodded and noticed his dark circles. "Do you want me to warm up some milk for you? I heard it helps you fall asleep."

He nodded and then hesitated.

"You looked very nice today,"

She could feel her face flaming. "So did you."

There was an awkward silence before she got up and returned with his mug. He thanked her and they sat there for a while, drowned in their thoughts, until they fell into the comforting void of sleep.