chapter 230: I Can Never Have Enough Food (2)

“What’s wrong with him?” Wu Ruo asked Hei Xin.

Hei Xin shook his head to say that he had no idea.

“It must be about Yeji.” Numu said.

Wu Ruo was surprised.

“How is Eggie?” Guan Tong hugged Eggie, “Tell them to get some warm water for bath. And tell them to prepare lunch. Eggie must be starving. Look at him. His cheeks are smaller than before.”

“…” Wu Ruo.

His son ate bird’s nest and shark fins in the black market. How could he lose weight?

Wu Qianqing said to Wu Ruo, “You should go to have a bath right now. The lunch will be ready in one hour.”

“Mm.” Hei Xuanyi flew to their room by carry Wu Ruo in his arms.

Shiyuan had already prepared warm water for them. As soon as they got into the bathroom, they could undress and soak themselves in.

Wu Ruo soaked himself in the bathtub and took a comfortable breath out, “It feels like I haven’t had a bath in years.”

Hei Xuanyi picked up a soap to wash his hair.

Wu Ruo nestled in his arms and said, “Xuanyi, don’t you think the owner of the black market is weird?”

Hei Xuanyi paused for a while and said, “We hadn’t seen him since we were put in jail. I have no idea what kind of man he is.”

“You haven’t seen him? Did any soldiers question you?”

“No. No one came to see us at all once we were put in jail until we are freed three days later.”

“That’s so strange. Where did he learn my name?” Wu Ruo turned around and asked.

“Does he know your name?” Hei Xuanyi confirmed, frowning.

“Yes. He even asked me if my name is Wu Ruo. He delivered a lot of tasty food. What’s even weirder, he asked me to repeat what happened when the superb spirit elixir was stolen. And then asked me to repeat Jinglun’s skill again and again.”

When Wu Ruo mentioned Jinglun, he sensed that Hei Xuanyi’s body got stiff suddenly, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. What’s next?” Hei Xuanyi turned his heard back and continued to wash his hair.

“Then the weirdest thing happened. I actually succeeded in launching your clan’s secret skill.” Wu Ruo still couldn’t believe that he actually did it. He looked at his hands in disbelief, “But how come? I am not one member of your clan. Theoretically there is no way I can use the secret skill. Could it be because of the owner of the black market?”

“So those white skeletons we saw in the jail were summoned by you?” Hei Xuanyi asked.

“You saw the skeletons I summoned too? Even in the jail?”

“Yes. You can try it again after lunch to confirm if you can really summon skeletons.”

“You are right.” Wu Ruo turned around, “It’s my turn to wash your hair.”

“Mm.” Hei Xuanyi bent over on the side of the bathtub.

Wu Ruo said while washing Hei Xuanyi’s hair, “There is one more thing I’d like to tell you. When Jinglun died…”

Now when he mentioned Jinglun again, Hei Xuanyi felt awkward too.

Wu Ruo looked at Hei Xuanyi puzzledly and continued, “I absorbed all the spiritual power he had. So my power might get promoted up to the next level. What do you think? Am I smart? I can promote even without a superb spirit elixir.”

“Clever.” Hei Xuanyi’s lips curved upward, “He is a level-eight cultivator. Perhaps you can promote up by two levels at once. If you have the similar chance in the future, don’t miss it.”

“Mm. I can save a large amount of money for you.”

Hei Xuanyi giggled a bit.

Wu Ruo gave it a thought and asked, “Is the guy named Xiujun that you mentioned a few days ago is very powerful?”

“No. But he is a very cruel man. He has no lines when it comes to hurting anyone.”

“Oh.”

Hei Xuanyi kept silent for a while and continued, “Xiujun, looking like a gentleman as his name sounds, usually has a blue-covered look in his hand. And in the book are powerful runes and spells. He might tear a random page of rune and stick it on your body. You will suffer from ultimate pain or even explode to die.”

“Are you warning me to stay away from him? Are you worried that he will use me to threaten you?”

“Mm.” Hei Xuanyi turned around and pulled Wu Ruo into his arms, “Before your spiritual level promotes up to level nine, don’t confront him face to face. Whenever you see him, just run. You get it?”

Wu Ruo nodded. He was not stupid. Of course he knew to stay away from those who were much more powerful than him.

After they had a good bath and changed clean clothes, they went to the dining hall for lunch.

As soon as Wu Ruo walked into the hall, he saw Eggie’s mouthful of food.

“He must be very hungry now. He probably didn’t eat in the black market.” Guan Tong said.

“Are you that hungry?” Wu Ruo asked while sitting down next to Eggie.

But for what he was told, Eggie ate a lot of expensive food there. Why was he so hungry?

“Daddy. I can’t get enough of food no matter how much I eat.” Eggie said.

It didn’t feel right. Wu Ruo felt Eggie’s pulse right away and diagnosed nothing wrong.

“Master Shifu, please see if you can tell what’s wrong with Eggie’s body.”

Numu came forward and felt Eggie’s pulse, “He looks perfectly healthy and has good appetite. There is no problem to me.”

“Eggie, are you saying that you don’t feel full no matter how much food you eat?” Wu Ruo asked again.

Eggie nodded.

It was when everyone realized the problem might be very serious.