"You're going to be fine. You'll be healed quickly. Don't worry. You won't feel any pain anymore."

Lucas approached them and knelt down beside them. He took his blue cloak and tore a piece of it which he wrapped around the animal's leg.

"That way, there's no risk of it getting infected," he said.

The animal looked at them with eyes full of affection. It brought its muzzle to Luana's hand and sniffed it softly.

"It looks like he feels reassured in our presence."

"She," Lucas retorted.

"What did you say ?" Luana asked, confused.

"It's a female," he replied, smiling.

"Oh, I understand," Luana said, stroking the animal's head while smiling.

The princess and her bodyguard got up from the ground and looked around.

"We have to find the exit now," said Lucas.

"We need a whole another week to find it. If only that invisible wall were to disappear," the princess replied, exasperated.

"It's going to take a while for that to happen. It's strong magic, after all."

"Yeah, that's true."

The white wolf slowly stood up and walked towards them, growling to get their attention.

"What's wrong ?" Lucas asked, confused.

The animal walked towards the trees that surrounded the valley and turned to them to urge them to follow her.

"What does she want ?" Luana asked.

"Looks like she wants to show us the way out," Lucas replied.

The small group followed the wolf with white fur and golden eyes.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

After two hours of walking, they found themselves in a vaste green space with long trees, flowering bushes and a long river with a huge waterfall.

"This place is beautiful," Luana exclaimed in wonder.

"A perfect contrast to where we were a few hours ago," Lucas retorted.

The wolf moved towards the waterfall, walking over a plate of huge, flat rocks. It pointed its muzzle at the waterfall.

"Is it here ?" Luana asked, confused.

"Looks like it is," Lucas replied.

The young knight walked over to the animal and gazed at the waterfall.

"Is the exit on the other side ?" he asked the animal.

The wolf nodded affirmatively.

The young captain reached out for the water and touched it. He was surprised to see that his hand didn't get wet.

"It's magical," he whispered.

He turned around to Luana and Leo.

"It's here. The exit is here," he announced with a smile.

"We can finally save dad," Luana exclaimed with joy.

The small group moved towards the waterfall to cross it. Suddenly, the white wolf pulled Luana's cloak gently with its teeth to make her stop in her tracks.

The princess turned around to the animal, a confused expression on her face. She looked into its eyes and stroked its head and jaw.

"What is it ?"