Getaway

The wind whips my hair in every direction as we speed down the road like two runaway fugitives gunning towards our safehouse. My hands grip the waist in front of me, digging my nails into the soft leather of his jacket. I've never rode a motorcycle before and to be honest it was terrifying, but maybe that was just the butterflies in my belly. The ones bumping around inside at the mere idea of Patch taking me to a hotel alone, and not so he can try and kill me this time. Patch chuckled and turned his head to look back at me and then down at my hands that were turning white, "Scared, Angel?" he asked. 

"Well we are driving at high speeds on what is basially a death machine," I yelled back at him. Raising my voice so it could be heard over the sound of air rushing past us.

Just relax, his voice filled my head, and trust me. Loosen your muscles and lean with the bike. I did as he instructed, feeling my body relax. I scooted closer, wrapping my arms more firmly around him to make sure I didn't fall. Because even if I was an immortal Nephilim with super healing powers it doesn't mean I don't feel pain. I felt almost guilty for leaving Vee's wedding a little early without saying goodbye. But I know that now that Vee actually likes Patch instead of despising him she would probably encourage us to run off anyway. Plus, she was so busy entertaining guests and dancing with the love of her life to notice I had run off with mine. Speaking of the love of my life, I had never seen Patch so dressed up before, in an all black suit and his hair slicked back with gel. The words he had said to me before we left popped back into my head, "Angel I undress to impress," sending a shiver down my spine. But also sending my body spiraling as I could only begin to imagine how he would look underneath the lose shirts he wore. I know he had muscle, but just how much muscle? My mind began wandering into the land of bad thoughts, forgetting I was even on the motorcycle with him. Just imagining the feel of his bare skin touching mine. The butterflies in my stomach intensified and just when I was about to take my little fantasy further Patch glanced back at me.

"Good daydreams?" he said, the corner of his mouth tilting up a bit. I blushed furiously and tried to hide my face. 

"You know, it's rude to get into other peoples minds!" I shout back at him, unable to get rid of the red staining my cheeks. I had gotten very good at putting up the mental wall that kept out other supernatural beings from getting in my head, but in the moment I had gotten so caught up in my thoughts I momentarily let it fall a little. Just enough to let Patch in. 

"I was just too curious, plus its not often I catch you with your guard down" he said, but his voice was a bit gravely now. Over the roaring winds I heard Patch groan and felt as he shifted his hips on the bike.

 I mentally built that wall back up, sealing all the cracks so nothing could slip through, including my ridiculously good looking boyfriend.

A few minutes later I heard Patch groan in front of me. "Damnit. You could have at least kept those thoughts to yourself until we reached to motel, Angel." The sound of his voice giving away that he was exercising all the restraint he had, presumably to not stop the cycle and have his way with me wherever we ended up.

It made my stomach, among other things, go wild just knowing that he was thinking about me the way I was thinking about him. It almost made me feel like I was in control, making him feel the way I did right now. So wound up that I could snap at any moment. "How much further?" I asked Patch, leaning up close to his ear. I really didn't want to wait much longer to have my mouth on his. It was a whole other feeling kissing Patch knowing he can feel it too. And I can tell that with his new physical feelings its hard for him to maintain control. The littlest touches felt so intense to him, especially after not feeling anything for so long. Typically he had at least one hand touching me, a combination of wanting to keeping me safe and also making sure that his newfound sense of touch wasn't just going to disappear. "Not far, should only be another mile or so," his strained voice drifted into my ears. He reached back with one hand rubbing my thigh while he accelerated the bike with his other. Patch may be incredibly sensitive because of his new sense of touch but regardless of how many times he touches me its like I'm feeling it for the first time. Even after a year it still sends sparks of electricity through my body and a deep ache to be closer. As the clouds that had gathered overhead begin to release a drizzle I tilt my face up to the sky letting the drops splash onto me. I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of this situation as we neared the hotel.

Patch glanced back, raising an eyebrow and giving me a questioning look. "What's so funny?"

"Just the fact that the last time you took me to a hotel it was raining and stormy and you were trying to kill me," I couldn't stop the fits of laughter escaping my lips now. Oh how far we had come since then, and how our lives had been completely changed. "Trust me, I am thinking of doing a lot of things to you when we reach the motel and killing you doesn't come close to the top 100." I shoved the thoughts his phrase brought to my head out lest he try and get in again.