Epsiode 14: Grave Danger

~The Man Cave~

(y/n) had decided that since Henry and Charlotte had been working so hard lately (and had been to an actual parallel universe and stuff) they deserved a treat. A trip to their favourite burger joint downtown on her, they could order whatever the hell they wanted and it was a blast!

The three friends were giggling and laughing with one another all the way down to the Man Cave and were so engrossed in their conversation, they only realised that something was wrong the second they stepped out of the elevator.

For starters, Ray was sobbing and moaning and crying on the couch, looking completely miserable, probably because his underwear was stuck to the walls, everywhere. And I mean, everywhere; every wall had been target, every surface possible and Ray seemed pretty upset about it, making (y/n) drop her smile immediately and rush over to him. His sadness was her sadness and it broke her heart to see him like that.

"Ray, sweetheart, what's wrong?" She asked in her most comforting tone, as she and the kids tentatively stepped towards him.

"Ray, why are you crying?" Henry added, but the sudden arrival of his friends made Ray sniff and dry his eyes as he didn't want anyone to see him cry, especially his sweet girl. She went and sat beside him, her hand reaching for his and it helped to stop his snuffling, even if he was still a bit teary. (y/n) studied his face as he refused to make eye contact. It was killing her to see him hold back his emotions in front of her, she wanted him to be as honest and open because she'd never judge him.

"Yeah, and why is your underwear stuck all over the place?" Charlotte asked, frowning at the sight of the new "wall ornaments".

(y/n) gulped as she too took a quick look around, but scolded herself when her filthy mind started to drift onto something else. Give her a break, it's not like she would ever get to see his underwear, he did that part of his laundry on his own and she'd never get with him, so she might as well look while she can.

"I don't know!" He wailed, bursting into floods of tears again, causing his girl to grab a tissue from her purse and dab his soggy cheeks.

"Oh, Ray..." She whimpered, feeling like his emotions were rubbing off on her. All she wanted to do was kiss it all better.

"Come on, buddy. I promise, we'll figure out who did this to your underpants and we'll get them." Henry said, swearing revenge on whoever pulled such a mean prank on his boss. No one deserved this kind of humiliation, especially not when they were living with and trying to impress a pretty girl.

"No, don't you see?" He sniffed as the kids sat down, his heart pulling in two different directions as (y/n) placed a tender hand on his knee and put her arm around his shoulders. He was loving her touch and was so grateful for her attempts to comfort him, but he also felt...silly. His underwear was on the walls all around and here he was blubbering in front of her and needing her to make him feel better. What kind of protector does that?

"Ray, what don't we see?" Her honeyed voice asked gently, trying to soothe him but rubbing small circles on his back and squeezing his knee.

"I did this. I did it all by myself." He told them in a shaky voice, wailing as his emotions got the best of him.

"But why?" Charlotte question, wondering what had driven him to do such a thing in a communal living space.

"You tell me! I took a nap, right here, waiting for (y/n) to get home safely and when I woke up, this bottle was in my hand and the underwear was stuck all over the place." Ray cried, not seeing how (y/n) melted at his confession. He always waited up for her or stuck around until she got home and never failed to make her smile softly to herself. It made her feel special.