"That took forever," Connor noted as she leaped into the backseat.

"She was nosy," Eden adjusted her black attire, pink belt attached around her waist. "Go, before more harpies start appearing."

The car sped off.

* * *

"Uh, yeah, so basically we stole most of what that place had," Connor said, telling the entire Hermes cabin what they did on their table. They'd arrived late at breakfast, still torn up from that morning. Connor had taken his shirt off from when the fire had gotten to it, and he looked real badass. He was holding onto Eden's phone, which was in front of both of their faces so he could squint at something, and she reminded herself to take a mirror selfie like that with him. That shit looked real good.

Travis threw a shirt at Connor before sitting down, smirking at his siblings, ignoring the people who were clearly listening in, or ogling Connor's chest. Eden had trained him well, and he had abs that could made her straight if it weren't for girls. "Stashed that shit," he told them, and she let out a breath. Thank god he'd stashed the good shit. "We're planning on letting it fizz out on the news, then go and donate most of it. We're keeping some of it for the camp's sake. We did steal a shit ton of diamonds, though."

"By now, we're the camp's income, you kidding me?" Eden snickered, high fiving Travis. "Don't argue about the donating. I promise you, there's people that really need it more. Have you looked at me?" she pointed to herself, not at Connor, who stashed her phone away, where, she didn't know. "Sleep deprived? Staying up all night with these two? There's people that need more help than I do. Who don't even have the shit from the gods that we have, because we're special, we're half gods. We're different from mortals. They need the shit more. After all, they need to stay alive after we saved their asses last summer."

"If I didn't know you any better, that would've been heroic," Connor snorted. "And that last line."

"Shut it," she teased, stabbing her fork in chocolate chip pancakes. Before she could eat it, someone was shoved over and Pretty Girl was next to them.

Eden raised an eyebrow. "Can I help you?"

"You lied to me last night," Kaleidoscope said, and the table snickered. "Why?"

Eden fed the pancake to Connor. "You're predictable," she said. "Easy to lie to, once someone's been in your presence for a few days. I wanted an outlet for the energy that you didn't let me release by absolutely murdering Hera." Lightning strike. Eden didn't care at all anymore. She knew full well that the gods needed her to live. She's Eden Achilles-Fairchild. "So I did it for a good cause."

"What good cause could you possibly do things for?" Kaleidoscope laughed in disbelief. "You don't do things for good causes."

"Darling, I told you, if I didn't help kill Kronos last summer you'd be dead," Eden brought out her fingers to count. "You'd be dead if I didn't tackle the king of the giants, you'd be dead when we'd fought Enceladus, you'd be dead if we didn't return Zeus's lightning bolt and Hades's helm, you would die if I didn't get dragged along by my brother and his girlfriend's hero complexes, and my internalized one, so I think that I do things for good causes, mind you." Eden tilted her head at the girl. "You know, weren't you the one who didn't tell us about your dad until we visited Aeolus?" She fingered the locket around her neck. Ouch. She wanted to destroy this thing and any memories of the picture of the girl inside it. "Didn't trust us enough to tell us about the fact that a giant had him? What a shame, considering you would've given him up for someone that you didn't even know because of the Mist. Such young love."

Then, there was a knife at her throat. Kaleidoscope was standing over her, the knife that her and Annabeth had given her up to Eden's throat. "Don't you dare."

Eden laughed and swatted the knife away. "Told you to lay off my case," she looked up at the love child, but even with the knife out she felt victory in her nerves. "I don't have words like you do. I can't charm people to do things for me. But, unlike you, I can speak the truth, so that's something."

Kaleidoscope stared at her. "Fine, then, I'll lay off your case," she said. "If you let me get you to sleep."

Damn it. She knew that she couldn't refuse a dare.

Eden snorted, making it seem as if she was aloof. "I'd like to see you try."

"So it's a deal?" Kaleidoscope raised an eyebrow.

"As long as I can still go and do shit with my friends," Eden rolled her eyes.

"See you tonight," the love child sauntered away, and that was when Eden knew she fucked up.

BYE WHY IS THE ENDING SO BAD anyway uh fuck that it's fine idk how to make it better but anyway this is the first of the written chapters i have which is fun uh i have one more to do plus two hundred words for another one which is fun uh sorry this ones so short i copy pasted it then added a bunch of words </3

<3 maybel