She smiled down at Clem and Luna, who were standing behind Kenny. Clem nodded.

"Well, we'll have a whole feast ready for you dears!" She stood straighter. "Poor things! With everything they've probably seen. Is that blood on your shirt, dear?"

Luna nodded.

"I'll see if I can't find you some fresh clothes. Your Mom's a lifesaver, it's the least I can do!"

"Thank you, Brenda-" Katjaa started.

"Come on!" Duck whined. "The cow's in here!"

"Come on, girls," Kenny led them over to the barn as Katjaa spoke to Brenda about what was wrong with the cow.

"Dad, I want to go back to the motel," Luna said. "I don't like it here."

"If there's anything off, we'll leave, okay, Lu?" Kenny said. "I know it seems rather strange.'

"There is stuff that's off. Bandits are in the forest. I hope Lee's okay."

Clem nodded. "I hope he stays lucky."

"He'll be fine, girls. Now," Kenny pushed the door of the barn open, and the three of them followed Duck in, to where the cow was laying, not looking particularly good.

"Look at the cow!" Duck jumped up and down. "Mum's going to make her better, though, right, dad?"

"That she is, Duck."

The door opened again, and Katjaa walked in, followed by the other St John's bother, Andy, who gave Luna a new shirt, which was a little big on her, but she she put over her blood stained one as both of Katjaa and Andy sat down and began looking after the cow.

"Dad," Luna whispered. "What's in there?"

She pointed to the double doors at the end of the room, locked with a padlock. Kenny was eyeing it suspiciously. 

"I don't know . . . " He crossed his arms. "Wait here for a moment. I need to go talk with Lilly."

Almost as soon as he went outside, they could hear yelling, before he came back, storming into the barn and leaning against the wall. Luna knew better than to try and talk to him.

She kneeled down beside the cow as Lee walked in.

"It's okay, Clementine," Katjaa said. "You can pet her."

Clem looked up at Lee.

"Go ahead." He smiled.

Nervously, Clem took a step towards the cow, petting her. "Woah . . . "

"Mom, is she going to get better?" Luna asked, petting the cow, too.

Katjaa laughed lightly. "Yes, Lu, she'll be fine. She's just going to have a baby."

"Yeah," Clem said. "Your Mom says she may have her baby tonight!"

"We'll see, Clementine."

Lee crouched beside Duck, looking at the salt lick. "What's this thing?"

"That's a salt lick," Luna said, walked over to stand beside him. "My rabbits used to have one each before we found out they don't need it. They seemed to like it, though."

"I don't see how," Clem said. "It's gross!"

Lee narrowed his eyes at her. "Did you lick it, Clem?"

She stared blankly at him. "I don't know."

Duck sniffed. "It smells funny in here."

"It's the manure," Clem said.

"What's that?"